multiple sub sizes

Deon1818

MN
I love bass and right now I'm determined to run my 2 12's and my 15 (with different amps) is this a terrible idea? How should I position them or face them. I can put the 12's together or seperate. Just want some tips or knowledge thanks in advance

Do it, why not? You aren't competing or going for an SQ setup right? Just want the most bang for your buck?

Hook em up and let it rip. You only live once, and learn best by doing instead of reading about it on the internet.

Subs are more like grenades than rifles. While yes orientation CAN make a difference, you probably wont be able to tell. I'm assuming you won't have much space to work with using that setup, so put them where they fit best and look decent.

One of my favorite setups I ever had was way back in high school. Two Soundstream USA 10"s and two Nakamichi 8"s. 10's on a bridged Alpine 4 channel, 8"s on a Linear Power ( purple, don't remember model ). Pounded pretty good for what it was.

Now that I'm old I still like going against convention, I'm gearing up to run an single 8" and two 6.5" subs.

-Beau

Cone area for the win. Go for it my friend. Whats 5he worst that will happen? People will say its ghetto...will not look good....doesnt look like you know what youre doing....your car cant handle both amps because your electrical isn't up to par....but you will be a lot louder. Dooo itttt lol

Assuming your electrical can handle it, make sure the fifteen is in it's own enclosure and on it's own amp. Ideally you'd face them all the same way, either toward the back of the trunk, into the cab, or up if neither of those work. If you have to face them inwards towards each other, reverse the phase or polarity of one side.

Tell us more about what you're working with so we can better assist you.

sensitivity differences at different frequencies

different group delay

wave cancellation due to poor positioning caused by lack of space.

inefficient when fewer subs can be put in a larger properly built box.

CAN.... sure. Anything CAN happen. How will he know till he tries? I'm assuming this is a budget build, and he already has the equipment.

What fun is car audio if you can't play around and experiment for yourself?

Is this the same murph form way back in the CA&E days, with Jim Shields, Buwalda, Clark, the amp challenge, etc?

If so, HEY!

Just to see what it would sound like I temporarily hooked up (2) 10's with a 15"that I had and it sounded like complete crap. Cancellation was horrible, it wasn't near as loud as when I had the single 15".

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.