Multimeters and clamp meter

Participant count
  • Participant list
i figured these would need a lot of electrical but thats just absurd lol i mean maybe not since you dont have voltage drop but you built it up similar to what people do for 2 korean 8-10k's
if you get the opportunity to put a dc clamp meter on it and somehow get an "accurate" current number even if split among runs id be interested. for some reason i expected under 1000a of draw
1000 amps is not even enough to make rated power ....1200 amps at 14.0v at say 80% efficiency is still just 13440 watts ..... 1500 amps @ 13.8v @ 76% is just 15732 watts ..... it would take at least 1200 amps @ 90% @ 14.4v to make just over rated power = 15552 watts rms ...

1000 amps is not even enough to make rated power ....1200 amps at 14.0v at say 80% efficiency is still just 13440 watts ..... 1500 amps @ 13.8v @ 76% is just 15732 watts ..... it would take at least 1200 amps @ 90% @ 14.4v to make just over rated power = 15552 watts rms ...
if that amp could produce those numbers then im way out of my league because in the future im only considering ~8-10k but im saying this with a margin of error for brazilians with rise. 1000a is a lot for any build. anyways its given me more information on the bass 15k and thats what i was after

if a clamp is around, just let me know what it draws... i was surprised to see numbers lower than i expected and want to see how this one does.. rise is a killer and savior with these amps

Your not going to find anything past a 1kamps. You going to need cts or current transformers..
im betting itll be less than that and if anything one or two wires at a time because obviously there will be multiple runs at this amount of current

ive got a fluke dc clamp meter and it seems to be pretty accurate i just hate how expensive they are

im betting itll be less than that and if anything one or two wires at a time because obviously there will be multiple runs at this amount of current
ive got a fluke dc clamp meter and it seems to be pretty accurate i just hate how expensive they are
Thats easy clamp each wire and add.. lol

Biggest wire ive seen is mcm1000 in 3 conductor clx cable. Its takes a minutes to cut threw it with a bandsaw!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.