MTX 9500 any good?

I love the look on that mtx though.
i second this!

i say they are great subs, handle power very well and ill take these more than most in the 1000w range.

this is my daily 2 mtx 9500 15's on 2500 watts and stock alt.

dont believe the forum hype against mainstream brands, overpriced perhaps, but they are beast..heard a single 9500 10 do a 143 in a daily setup..easily handle power, and sound better then quite a few of these "internet" brands

Thanks...now I'm eager to try one these out.

dont believe the forum hype against mainstream brands, overpriced perhaps, but they are beast..heard a single 9500 10 do a 143 in a daily setup..easily handle power, and sound better then quite a few of these "internet" brands

i had one. it was decent for what it was and the price i paid. the cone is pretty fragile though. mine had a huge *** hole in the cone and still got retarded in my trunk. they are beastly but there is better for the money.

IMAGE_080-1.jpg

Dam! I thought they were titanium.

i had one. it was decent for what it was and the price i paid. the cone is pretty fragile though. mine had a huge *** hole in the cone and still got retarded in my trunk. they are beastly but there is better for the money.
IMAGE_080-1.jpg

something must of hit that sub hard cuz there not fragile at all, trust me i had many of these. op if u wanna get on, get it, u will not be disappointed

Thanks...since I already own a Q, the mtx will be my SPL driver.

something must of hit that sub hard cuz there not fragile at all, trust me i had many of these. op if u wanna get on, get it, u will not be disappointed

bad *** sub i have a rear loaded horn in my 2000 neon using a jbl gto1400.1 on a mtx 9500 15 loud and low very clean i can burp a 147 in the kick and 145.6 seald on the dash irrc on the TL i have a pic i gott to find it lol for the right price there great subs i got mine for 200 on CL tho lol

Thanks...since I already own a Q, the mtx will be my SPL driver.
The Qs aren't what they used to be. If it's one of the newer ones within the past few years, it's not really the SQ driver everyone thinks it is. The Q sounds good, don't get me wrong, but Fi has focused a lot more on it's output recently. So comparing the Q to the 9500, both in optimal boxes in the same vehicle, you probably wouldn't see much of a difference between the two.

You sure?

The Qs aren't what they used to be. If it's one of the newer ones within the past few years, it's not really the SQ driver everyone thinks it is. The Q sounds good, don't get me wrong, but Fi has focused a lot more on it's output recently. So comparing the Q to the 9500, both in optimal boxes in the same vehicle, you probably wouldn't see much of a difference between the two.

People talk a lotta crap about the 9500's, but I have a pair of fifteens that sounds great and did a 149.7 legal on the dash in a daily box with 3000w clamped power total. I would never pay retail for them, but then again I wouldn't pay retail for any of the other subs that are in this league. Sound quality surprises me more then output.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.