RE Audio VS KICKER cvx?

i would have to go with the RE on this... even tho their build quality has diminished a lil bit over the last few years... if you can find some older models used, you'll be really happy with them

yea... their still better IMO... but that is really subjective. but like i said, if you can find some older model RE's used... you can probably get them cheaper, and be happier with them

appreciate your opinions,i was leaning more to the re s,the cvx do get loud but not real low.
I would say that. The enclosure makes a world of difference when discussing the sound reproduced. I'm also not sure I would take an RE sub in the same RMS area over the CVX..I have had the chance to play with a few CVX subs and many RE subs and they are both decent drivers. Just depends on what you are paying for the CVX...as long as your not paying new msrp prices they are a good sub.

The RE SE x are still a better overall sub over the CVR's. Even the newer line models are good, just not as good as the older RE stuff. The SE's are my favorite sub in their price range.

I have been running RE SRX12D4 in my car for half year now. From outside, it looks very solid and well built. The cool thing about it is that it digs quite low and plays with authority while running in a 1.25 cu ft sealed box off only 250watt RMS amp. With its 18mm xmax, modeling software shows that it could take even 500watts RMS without reaching its xmax limit. I prefer to cross it no higher than 60Hz@18dB because upper end is weak and muddy. But lows are great. Given $100 price online, it's a good value. I assume RE SE/X series is very similar, only better.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.