MTX 9500 10" -vs- 10w7 who will win

Status
Not open for further replies.

bumpinrecords
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
chicago
I was about to purchaes some 10w7 but when i read and talked to a few shops like power4sound they tell me to go with the mtx 9500. afterr reading about how the 10 inch 9500 beat the w7 i was impressed. I know you cant always believe what you hear but i just got the subs last week and man im am very very impressed with the way there made and what they can do. I went up against a guy at work he has a grand prix 2002 with 3 12w6v2 and a 1000 watt amp and was hitting real good until i turned up my 2 mtx 9510 on a memphis mojo amp 2000 watts. i shut him down. what do you guys think about the mtx 9500 subs?

Ya man MTX straight up attacked the hell out of the W7 in a couple of magazines, claiming how it was better in ever aspect such as bigger voice coil, more power handling and a bunch of other ****. The 9500 may be more powerful then the W7, but can it surpass the W7's superior balance of SPL and SQ............doubt it, highly doubt it.

Ya man MTX straight up attacked the hell out of the W7 in a couple of magazines, claiming how it was better in ever aspect such as bigger voice coil, more power handling and a bunch of other ****. The 9500 may be more powerful then the W7, but can it surpass the W7's superior balance of SPL and SQ............doubt it, highly doubt it.
its quite hard to find something that will outdo the w7 in SQ. i have heard the magnum does a pretty good job at keeping up with it. btw, i live out in Hinkley-Big rock. we should meet up some time dude.

al

To hell with the MTX 9500 series.

I have a SQ sub, and mine was way louder than the 9515 in a comparison at a local shop (to the EARS of everyone there).

MTX is so freakin' desperate to sell their subs that they attack JL.

Oh yeah w7 10" this, w7 10" that. Why don't they compare the 12" w7 to the 9512?

Why don't they compare the 13w7 to the 9515?

I'll tell you why. They want you to think bcuz their 9510 is better number-wise in SOME catagories over the 10w7 that OH, OH man, HEy if the 9510 is "better" than the 10w7, then the 9512 must be "better" than the 12w7, and so on.

Fu** the MTX 9500 series, and their marketing scheme. They are severly over-hyped IMO.

Fu**'em.

MTX is not desprate, they know about the massive hype that surrounds the W7, so what do you do to to be the best in your class?

you take out #1

am I right?

13w7 better than all imo IF you are neglecting the price //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

To hell with the MTX 9500 series.
I have a SQ sub, and mine was way louder than the 9515 in a comparison at a local shop (to the EARS of everyone there).

MTX is so freakin' desperate to sell their subs that they attack JL.

Oh yeah w7 10" this, w7 10" that. Why don't they compare the 12" w7 to the 9512?

Why don't they compare the 13w7 to the 9515?

I'll tell you why. They want you to think bcuz their 9510 is better number-wise in SOME catagories over the 10w7 that OH, OH man, HEy if the 9510 is "better" than the 10w7, then the 9512 must be "better" than the 12w7, and so on.

Fu** the MTX 9500 series, and their marketing scheme. They are severly over-hyped IMO.

Fu**'em.

Amen to that

I guess its hard to campair cause everyone have there own veiw of this. I have the 9510 and i am highly impressed with it. yeah the price of the w7 kinda turned me away and the fack that i only paid 300 for each mtx. Will we ever know what make the best sub? Im myself is more for spl but i dont eanna sound sloppy doing it. thats why i went with a 10 inch woffer.

I guess its hard to campair cause everyone have there own veiw of this. I have the 9510 and i am highly impressed with it. yeah the price of the w7 kinda turned me away and the fack that i only paid 300 for each mtx. Will we ever know what make the best sub? Im myself is more for spl but i dont eanna sound sloppy doing it. thats why i went with a 10 inch woffer.
Sounds like you were a victim of marketing then. "sloppy" bass has NOTHING to do with woofer diameter...

personally, i have heard both side by side and i think the mtx more then holds it's own in sq and spl...and this is in the 12" version.....and in a store install..so the boxes were equal as were the amps used....

it's not marketing hype, it's reality..and i still like jl..alot

but $ for $ the 9500 series wins....now the only question is what jl will come out with to combat all these subs jumping on them

one last note..the new re sub looks like a 9500 with a flat tire for a magnet...so it's all just play follow the leader

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Seems to me that people need to listen to both drivers before forming an opinion.

Because it's not like this thread is full of anything factual.

But here we go again, typical people, bashing MTX because they're "mainstream".

- Steve //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...