Moving system to bigger vehicle

dev199505

CarAudio.com Elite
US
So I'm thinking about buying a 2001 Ford expedition and transferring the system out of my 1990 bronco 2 into it. In theory would the system be louder or quieter? Being newer it would have better/more insulation but it'd be a lot wider and longer current system is

Headunit: JVC KD-S88BT

Front speakers: Polkaudio DB 6501 components

Rear speakers: I'd probably use the stock speakers wired to the head unit till I can afford a better headunit and 4 channel amp

Mid/high amp: pyramid pb717x (for now)

Sub amp: infinity reference 1211a

Sub: HDS215 D2 (wired to 4ohm) in custom built box 4.5ft^ tuned to 35 hz

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

Arnt those vehicles like the same size?
No bronco 2 was closer to the size of the ecscape ecscape is actually still a tad longer than the bronco 2

The full size bronco would be close but it was only offered as a 2 door so it is still shorter

Oh ya the smaller bronco I know what you talking about. Yea your like doubling the cabin size. Should take alittle more to have same output due to cabin size.
The B2 has like no insulation so wouldn't they kinda equal each other out?

no.an 01 is not going to have any more then any other truck.

you have to put that in there.
1990 vs 2001? My bronco is missing a door pannel and there's no insulation what so ever in the doors or on the flooring

Gonna be quieter in the bigger cab, but your peak might be lower, so you could have the potential for better low end response than the Bronco. Just a guess at this point though.

My truck is an 07 and factory deadening was sub-par at best. Had to re-do it with proper deadener.

Because of all the plastic pieces, I have a lot of rattles I need to take care of.

Gonna be quieter in the bigger cab, but your peak might be lower, so you could have the potential for better low end response than the Bronco. Just a guess at this point though.

My truck is an 07 and factory deadening was sub-par at best. Had to re-do it with proper deadener.

Because of all the plastic pieces, I have a lot of rattles I need to take care of.
My bronco sounds like its gonna rattle apart lol

Since this vehicle is a lot longer should I keep the box as close to the hatch as possible (6" for port right?) Or would having it up against the seats be fine?

Most likely 4-6" away from tail gate will load best... But unless someone has the same equip as you and same vehicle and same everything which is very very unlikely then no one can tell you Forsure.. The only way to find out is test yourself.

panels really dont matter., infact it may sound worse as now your going to have panels vibrating.

it will still vibrate like a bitch.

and that truck does not have any good deadening. there small flat panels that are here and there. there useless.

i have pulled all that crap and put my own deadening.

and like said, you need to move it around untill you like it.

and for me i like small trucks/suv .

its easier to get loud. small cabin.

panels really dont matter., infact it may sound worse as now your going to have panels vibrating.it will still vibrate like a bitch.

and that truck does not have any good deadening. there small flat panels that are here and there. there useless.

i have pulled all that crap and put my own deadening.

and like said, you need to move it around untill you like it.

and for me i like small trucks/suv .

its easier to get loud. small cabin.
I need more space lol plus with more space I could Add more subs right now the one 15 in the B2 takes up most of my cargo space and leaves the only place to mount the amps to the rear seat

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.