moving stock battery to trunk

Participant count
  • Participant list

Plero2747

I have an 06 Pontiac g6, and was wanting to move my primary battery to my trunk, I have the big 3 in 0 gauge already, and my power wire to amps are 0 gauge as well. My question is could I take a distribution block and run from all my powers from the front to the back? Also would I have to run another set of 0 gauge with a distro for all the grounds as well? Main reason for doing this is stock battery is super tiny with side posts, and want to broaden my ranges for aftermarket batts. My last question as well is what are some good HO alt brands?? Thank you!

I would find a Agm battery that would fit up front and run a fused 0 gauge to the rear and add a second battery for the car audio,and I would just ground the back battery in the trunk. I use excessive amperage for my alt no problems at all. If your car charger low get your alt internally regulated to charge higher!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I would find a Agm battery that would fit up front and run a fused 0 gauge to the rear and add a second battery for the car audio,and I would just ground the back battery in the trunk. I use excessive amperage for my alt no problems at all. If your car charger low get your alt internally regulated to charge higher!!
I was looking at xs batts but the only one that would fit is the d925, I was upgrading to agm soon anyways. But I was wanting to move my two batteries to the back cause its better to have them running the same size, right? The specs for the 925 seemed a little small for an agm but its a side post battery group 75 for the stock fit. Plus it seemed about the average spec for all the other brands as well I looked at.. As for alt I got a quote from singer for about 545 for a 240a alt

That's a group 75 stock in your vehicle.

I say get a group 75 AGM with side posts from your local battery shop, then get a Duracell group 31 AGM from Sam's club (or from the same battery shop as the 75 if their price is better)

The Pontiac G8 comes stock with the battery in the back. I changed the battery in one last week. It was a group 49 iirc

For HO alts, contact Damien at @SounDrive; audio. He's a US alternators dealer. I've got one being made there.

damien@soundrive.audio

I used to recommend Singer for everything. Have had several issues, and probably won't be buying from them again

[quote name='adulbrich']That's a group 75 stock in your vehicle.

I say get a group 75 AGM with side posts from your local battery shop, then get a Duracell group 31 AGM from Sam's club (or from the same battery shop as the 75 if their price is better)

The Pontiac G8 comes stock with the battery in the back. I changed the battery in one last week. It was a group 49 iirc

For HO alts, contact Damien at @SounDrive; audio. He's a US alternators dealer. I've got one being made there.

damien@soundrive.audio

I used to recommend Singer for everything. Have had several issues, and probably won't be buying from them again[/QUOTE]

Isn't it better to have primary and secondary battery to be same size, or does that not really matter as much?

Isn't it better to have primary and secondary battery to be same size, or does that not really matter as much?
Does not matter.

It would matter if they were a different age, chemistry (especially), and overall rested at different voltages.

Physical size makes zero difference whatsoever (contrary to other things, where size does matter) //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Does not matter.
It would matter if they were a different age, chemistry (especially), and overall rested at different voltages.

Physical size makes zero difference whatsoever (contrary to other things, where size does matter) //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
So could I just go ahead and hook the fused power wire from my battery up front that goes to my amps, to the secondary battery in the back?

If you have a 0 gauge wire running from the front to the back yes just make sure you fuse each end. How much power you going to be running?

[quote name='Plero2747']So could I just go ahead and hook the fused power wire from my battery up front that goes to my amps, to the secondary battery in the back?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

And like @HI\-C; said, fuse by both batteries

If you have a 0 gauge wire running from the front to the back yes just make sure you fuse each end. How much power you going to be running?
I'll be running a sundown scv-3000 at 1 ohm on two soundqubed hds3 12s

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.