Moving my Tweets

Participant count
  • Participant list

parklife
10+ year member

hello all guys...i hope my thread havent been review before, i tried to search but didn't get a good answer...

my car is an Acura integra. i'm not really happy with the stock tweets housing in my door. i want to move it so the tweets facing the driver so it will crate better sound (i think)on the mirror cover. do you guys think its a good idea?

do they have an after market tweets housing for integra so i just can snap it on the spot that i want (mirror cover). and how do i close the hole in the old tweets housing?

yep. it might be a lil better cuz it might be at ppl's height.

but u ll have a nasty hole in tehre, dat's for sho.

Originally posted by parklife hello all guys...i hope my thread havent been review before, i tried to search but didn't get a good answer...

my car is an Acura integra. i'm not really happy with the stock tweets housing in my door. i want to move it so the tweets facing the driver so it will crate better sound (i think)on the mirror cover. do you guys think its a good idea?

do they have an after market tweets housing for integra so i just can snap it on the spot that i want (mirror cover). and how do i close the hole in the old tweets housing?
I'm not sure of imaging issues, but I know if the tweeter is not very close to the mids, you should separate it by at least 10~12" or something. (according to amp/speaker manuals) Also, the previous hole can be covered by grill cloth, and I guess it'll act as a dummy tweeter. I suggest maybe using a damping mat from behind, and a grill cloth to cover to finish it off.

It'd be great if they have a pre-mad housing for the tweeters. If you have to make it by yourself, then you gotta do research on fiberglass. I just couldn't get fiberglass easy over here, so I used resin instead. Needs a bit of sanding, but it can look acceptable with the right carpet/paint (after primer).

Well, in my Mustang, it came stock with tweeters mounted on the panel inside the door where the mirrors go. This is probably about the best location for tweeters (aside from a pure kick panel setup). I'd say go for it and if it can't be made to sound right (might have to play around with your settings a bit), then put it back where it was.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.