Movies with good LFE content

New War of the Worlds: A few scenes aparently go low enough that people without SSF'd subs have had them bottom out and in some cases it's clipped their amps and blown them.
It has 8hz data in it. One of the lowest I know of right now. The track is a ***** to those running their setup "hot." Too bad the movie isn't as impressive.

What do you mean by hot?? Loud??
On the edge of clipping or mechanical failure.
Loud is sometimes a product of running hot but not always the case //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

On the edge of clipping or mechanical failure.
Loud is sometimes a product of running hot but not always the case //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
If you have to run hot, and you blow your gear, it's a good lesson learned.... Don't buy crappy gear, and keep lots of head room....

Head room FTW!!!
Are you speaking in the sense of amplifiers?? Like having atleast 120 watts per channel so that way your amplifiers aren't straining to put out desirable volume.?? I have 160/channel and that may be why I never have any UGLY sounds during peaks in a movie or music.

Are you speaking in the sense of amplifiers?? Like having atleast 120 watts per channel so that way your amplifiers aren't straining to put out desirable volume.?? I have 160/channel and that may be why I never have any UGLY sounds during peaks in a movie or music.
Well, kinda. Here is the thing, you can save yourself a lot of distortion by running an amp that is correct or slightly over power from what your speakers can do...

HOWEVER, this means you can thermal out your drivers A LOT easier. You need to have head room on where you run your levels. Meaning if you have to run your system full bore 24/7 to get the volume you want, you need to reconsider what you are running speaker wise.

New War of the Worlds: A few scenes aparently go low enough that people without SSF'd subs have had them bottom out and in some cases it's clipped their amps and blown them.
That'd be the heat ray...

It's semi-entertaining, but completely annoying after a while - the information just sounds unnatural - I ended up shutting off the sub stage to finish the movie. Definitely strong though!

That'd be the heat ray...
It's semi-entertaining, but completely annoying after a while - the information just sounds unnatural - I ended up shutting off the sub stage to finish the movie. Definitely strong though!
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif uhhhhh ok.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.