Movies with good LFE content

JimJ
5,000+ posts

Tangled Up in Blue
We already have the bass tracks thread for car audio, why not a good thread for movies? Post what you guys use to show off/tune your HT systems, emphasis on things with good low frequency content. Personally, I've been impressed with:

Saving Private Ryan - the opening scenes from Normandy

Finding Nemo - don't laugh, there's some serious low bass on this DVD //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

The Day After Tomorrow - sucky movie, but the sound effects sound *really* good //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

^ Finding Nemo - Darla scene...

Sky Captain & the World of Tomorrow - movie not so great, but the LFE was worth it

Alien vs. Predator - the fight scenes, when building would shift

LOTR - plenty in all 3

U-571 - depth charges

just off the top o' my head...

I saw the end to the Matrix on a friend's system with bass shakers under the couch - it's a different movie when you can *feel* every round of the chain gun...

Send me a 1500W rack amp and i'll tell you which movies have good LFE in them //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

1.5kW is way overkill for home //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I'm going with 800W, and that's probably going to be more than I'll use 90% of the time.

but if you want cheap power like that, check out Behringer's Europower series or QSC's RMX line...very good prices on quite a bit of power.

I honestly think 500w is plenty in HT for sub duty with 1000 being more than any normal person would need.

I saw the end to the Matrix on a friend's system with bass shakers under the couch - it's a different movie when you can *feel* every round of the chain gun...
I've often wondered about those and other tactile transducers. Did it incorporate well with the rest of the system or was it too noticable/distracting?

when i had my first HT setup,one of the main movies ide show was Starship Troopers made my whole house shake when one of the ships was in a scene or the explosions...i need to start building another one..got the tv, now just need the sweet sounds

Did it incorporate well with the rest of the system or was it too noticable/distracting?
The way he had it set up, it wasn't *too* distracting...although I can see how you could go overboard with those things.

i like black hawk down
I've got the soundtrack to that too. "Hunger" ****ing shakes everything in my room...and I challenge you to close your eyes and listen to "Gortoz A Ran J'attends" (the ending credits song IIRC) and not get goosebumps on your neck...****, that soundtrack is good //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.