Movies with good LFE content

hellboy makes my sub pound throughout the flick. everything from mechanical portal dimension to battle scenes has lfe in it.

for those with 5.1(or better) a good movie to check out is we were soldiers. during the lfe and rear speakers of the first time a helicopter was heard in the movie, i literally started to walk outside to watch them fly over(i live near the airport and the war in iraq had just started)

(since i have kids in the house) i noticed finding nemo only works the sub when the whale talks and when the little girl taps on the glass.

As mention by jim, lots of bass song threads....what about movies //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif.

Found this searching and instead of making a new thread besided to bump it up!

Anyone have any movies not listed?

Ronin, most realistic gun and bomb effects. (Everything good)

Matrix of course. (Awesome Lows, decent rest)

Blow (is awesome but not ultra low)

Desperado and Once Upon a Time in Mexico. (Totally Awesome)

Batman Begins (Totally Awesome)

Underworld Superbit edition (Generally Kick ass)

Gladiator (has that epic sound)

Hannibal (is actually a really good soundtrack)

The Haunting - tonsTitan AE - LFE fest... unbelievable

Star Wars Trilogy

Jurassic Park
i was looking for that. Animations are good 'cause ink and paint doesn't make noise! All the sound is brought in and played with.

Independance day: Scene where the aliens first nuke the cities is a constant bass rumble for a good 10-15 min.

New War of the Worlds: A few scenes aparently go low enough that people without SSF'd subs have had them bottom out and in some cases it's clipped their amps and blown them.

I'm using a 12 year old servo controlled 80 watt powered Velodyne 10" sub and I have it strtegically placed in the corner (after a lot of trial and error) and it actually had to be turned down a bit. So high wattage is NOT the most important factor in having good home theater bass.

I second the recommendations for "Fifth Element" , "Saving Private Ryan" and "Lord of the Rings" trilogy.

I remember in the first Ring movie whenever they showed the well and when the little biaaatch was coming out of the well after the guy there was a ton of bass, ONLY very low frequencies though, but alot of it none the less.

Resident Evil superbit was also loaded with its share of low end as well. The DTS track did anyways. I can't vouch for the DD track.

I'm using a 12 year old servo controlled 80 watt powered Velodyne 10" sub and I have it strtegically placed in the corner (after a lot of trial and error) and it actually had to be turned down a bit. So high wattage is NOT the most important factor in having good home theater bass.
I second the recommendations for "Fifth Element" , "Saving Private Ryan" and "Lord of the Rings" trilogy.

I remember in the first Ring movie whenever they showed the well and when the little biaaatch was coming out of the well after the guy there was a ton of bass, ONLY very low frequencies though, but alot of it none the less.

Resident Evil superbit was also loaded with its share of low end as well. The DTS track did anyways. I can't vouch for the DD track.
yea i've got an 80ish watt technics reciever matched up w/ a 8" polk sub and it pounds, it does a good job on hometheatre w/ just 80 watts

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.