Mounting crossover

Participant count
  • Participant list
i never recommend mounting crossovers inside doors. doors get very wet and crossovers will corrode and fail fairly quickly.

locate the crossover in the cabin, ideally near any amplifiers. run separate wires from the crossover into the doors for the tweeter and woofer. this wiring configuration also allows for possibly running active in the future.

IMG_20130706_053955_988.jpg

you can also stash crossovers in the dash or glove box. if done well, the glove box allows you to hide then show off the crossovers (some are nice looking).

accordxovers007.jpg

many crossovers have adjustments that you want access to. you also want to maintain access to connections.

if you're totally against running separate wiring to the doors, you can surface mount the crossover on the door panel in a pocket. wiring is more of a PITA, and you want to take care to keep it looking neat.

100_0040.jpg

I see your point. But in my Tahoe, my crossover is behind the door panel. Haven't had any issues yet.

behind the door panel is different than inside the door. behind the door panel is dry. since mylows is saying there isn't room behind the door panel of the vehicle in question, i didn't discuss that option further.

Oh I see the confusion now lol No way in hell I'd mount it behind the actual door itself...doorpanel yes.

I just may have to seek some more advice on another forum. And possibly take a look at my doorpanels.

just pull them off and see what you have available. maybe check a forum for that specific vehicle for pics with the panel off (like for window repair).

Yup...think I may do that for some ideas. Don't wanna start drilling holes in my door panel if I can avoid that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.