Most annoying bass in a song, come see!

Thanks tap; I enjoy that.
The song has a clump of frequencies from 65-85hz or so coupled onto the main bass line around 47hz. That causes an odd midbass-ish thumping sound that can sound like distortion. It's definitely terrible sounding; I can't understand why somebody would ever thing that sounds decent.
How can you tell what hz the bass if playing is a song? Say I find a song with bass that sounds really good and I find out that Hz, is there anything benifit to knowing that frequency? (ex. changing songs bass frequency with a program if possible or tunning your enclosure to that frequency)? Just thought i'd ask

Thread Saver...
237.jpg
OMG not only a thread saver. but a night of oxycontin saver. oxycontin hangover FTL and i have to be ay work in an hour ahhh:mad://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif but that pictures makes me tingle //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif thank you tapout. i think my hangovwer is gone. or maybe not but **** tyhat was seckzi

I just DL'd it, but playing it at low volume on my 'puter speakers, it's hard to tell what you're talking about. Sounds like it might hit hard, but I'm guessing the various simultaneous bass frequencies (described above) might be discordant, making each bass note sound like arse? Is this what you mean?

sounds like a normal bassline in my car...

what do you think of the bassline from the song, Stronger? i would think that would sound like your speakers are gonna blow...that songs drops hard.

and if you can actually hear the bassline on T.I.'s Look What I Got, well....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

sounds like a normal bassline in my car...
what do you think of the bassline from the song, Stronger? i would think that would sound like your speakers are gonna blow...that songs drops hard.

and if you can actually hear the bassline on T.I.'s Look What I Got, well....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Are you serious? The Stronger song doesn't drop below 42hz and Look What I Got only drops to 29hz. I sure would hope you would be able to hear that -- it's not that low at all.

How can you tell what hz the bass if playing is a song? Say I find a song with bass that sounds really good and I find out that Hz, is there anything benifit to knowing that frequency? (ex. changing songs bass frequency with a program if possible or tunning your enclosure to that frequency)? Just thought i'd ask
I used audacity's spectrum analyzer. The benefit is knowing how your system reacts to different frequencies. You can accomplish the same thing with a meter and test tones.

Are you serious? The Stronger song doesn't drop below 42hz and Look What I Got only drops to 29hz. I sure would hope you would be able to hear that -- it's not that low at all.

I used audacity's spectrum analyzer. The benefit is knowing how your system reacts to different frequencies. You can accomplish the same thing with a meter and test tones.
What is a popular song that does drop low?

What program are you running these songs through?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.