morel vs. cdt audio

Participant count
  • Participant list

Dlh_tank
10+ year member

Yo! My list of component speakers has been cut down to these last two sets - Morel dotech ovation as my front stage, tempo 6 as my rear. My other choice was Cdt-ES-062i as front stage, HD-62CF as rear stage . My goal is better sq than the JL ZR (FS) JL XR (RS) WHICH IM RUNNING NOW. Speaker size is 6.5 , will be powering them with a jl 450/4.

Im wondering will the 450/4 be enough to power the sets of morel if i go with them. The Dotech ovations can take more power than all the sets put together. I want to push whatever set i go with but not under power them at the same time. I will also be adding mmats mp5 pre amp along with a pioneer avh-5100 dvd player to get a little better sound.

AudioAudio here in florida quoted me a price for the morels at 875.00 for the 2 sets. A CDT dealer gave me a price of 750.00 for 2 sets. Both r authorized dealers.

I listen to music thats slowed down will that have an effect on the components.

That JL amp will power either set of speakers perfectly fine. Why are you adding a preamp? Do you mean you're adding a line driver? Or an actual, separate pre-amp amplifier? I'd stay away from that if possible, unless you're talking about adding a line-driver.

Both sets of components will be nice, I personally think CDT speakers are way overpriced, and if I were you I'd ditch the rear speakers and run only a set of front speakers fully active (I think that JL amp has a an active-capable crossover). You really can't go wrong with either set - when you're considering higher end speakers, it's more about what sound suits you better, rather than which set is better than the other.

I've got the Morel Dotech Ovation 6's for my front soundstage. I'm feeding them 350w rms from a bridged ARC KS300.4. I have never heard the CDT's, but the Morel's are very nice speakers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.