Morel Tempo 6

Here is their address...............

P.O.Box 1405

Jalan Ipoh, Kuala Lumpur

51200 Malaysia

They want $50 for shipping so I think I'll spend the extra $50 and get them from WoofersEtc. Probably take like 2 months to ship them from Malaysia anyway even if they are truley Morels it's not worth it to me.

well I wimped out and got them from WoofersEtc and put them in yesterday and all I got to say is WOW these things sound fantastic. I had some 14 year old Q series MB Quart 's that finally craped out on me. I was worried that they wouldn't sound as good but I'm happy now. The MB tweeters were a bit harsh but these Morel tweets are sweet. I can't believe how much more of the music I can hear now!!! Wish I would have bought these sooner now. Been driving around for months with a ripped mid bass and blown tweeters.

well I wimped out and got them from WoofersEtc and put them in yesterday and all I got to say is WOW these things sound fantastic. I had some 14 year old Q series MB Quart 's that finally craped out on me. I was worried that they wouldn't sound as good but I'm happy now. The MB tweeters were a bit harsh but these Morel tweets are sweet. I can't believe how much more of the music I can hear now!!! Wish I would have bought these sooner now. Been driving around for months with a ripped mid bass and blown tweeters.
They are great speakers huh? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

any baffle or deadner in the doors?
No not yet but will be doing it soon. I can't imagine it sounding any better though!

I did the inner skins years ago and had to remove it to replace the window motors and never got around to redoing them. I really couldn't tell that much of a difference. This time I'll deaden the outer skin only & put some insulation behind the door panel.

I just installed a set of these today in my Mini and all I can say is WOW! They replaced a mismatched setup consisting of an a/d/s 235is component set but with MB Quart 5 1/4" from a 2213cx component set. It sounded ok, but I wanted to upgrade to 6 1/2.

I must admit I was a little disappointed upon opening the box, as the drivers seemed cheap, one dustcap looked like it was coming off (but it wasn't), and the crossovers looked pitiful. I actually kept the a/d/s crossovers. I did a side by side test after doing one door, and immediately, I could hear so much more detail with the Morels. The old setup sounded just plain flat. I installed the other side, let the auto eq in my DEH-P980BT do it's thing and was thoroughly impressed! So much crisper, excellent detail, and the midbass is great! Even the staging seems better. The doors on my car are pretty well sealed from the factory, plus I added dynamat to the inner and outer skins, so that may have helped in the midbass department. For a $200 component set, I am very happy. I haven't been this impressed since my old set of Oz Audio's way back in the day. Now that I've heard them I would trust the quality of the cheap looking xovers too but I'll leave the ones I have in there for now. I could only imagine what the higher end Morels sound like.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.