Morel Tempo 6 Review

Does Morel make the Pulse 6 anymore or have those been phased out completely now?
Phased out. The Tempo 6 is a completely revamped/better version of the pulse. They will be releasing the even more budget minded component come 2009 I believe.

Those can get lowwww..
lol, but the raving reviews are from guys who haven't even got any deadening in their doors //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

I expect they're decent for the $$...i also expect they aren't all that and a bag 'o chips when compared to others in the pricerange in a proper install...i am sure they do fine though.

lol, but the raving reviews are from guys who haven't even got any deadening in their doors //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
I expect they're decent for the $$...i also expect they aren't all that and a bag 'o chips when compared to others in the pricerange in a proper install...i am sure they do fine though.
Sorry I didn't update this thread. I deadened the doors and it made a world of difference //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif.. The midbass lives up to its reputation... It increased in overall output, response, and gets quite a bit lower now on songs that take it there. I guess I'll keep updating as I drop the xover some more and see how they like it... I am somewhere in-between 50-60hz right now.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

How do you compare the Morel Tempo 6 to JBL 608Gti MKII and Focal 165VR? I know they are all in different price range but just want to have an idea about the sound quality/performance.

How much power are you giving your tempo 6's? I'm gonna get some and give them 250 rms. Is that a good idea?
I went from a hertz ep4, to a arc ks 300.4 back and forth... They love the 350x2 rms but obviously the gains are set conservatively.

How do you compare the Morel Tempo 6 to JBL 608Gti MKII and Focal 165VR? I know they are all in different price range but just want to have an idea about the sound quality/performance.
I have not heard those speakers so I cannot compare them. These are VERY nice though..

Mine went in almost a week ago, they are starting to break in pretty nicely too. Ive got 304x2 to play with for them, right now I set the gains with the dmm to feed 120 (1khz tone), i dont think they are ready for a lot more yet. I'd really like to get my hands on a pg 200.4 xenon though and go active with these. even 120 watts to a tweeter can be painful

I just bought these a few days ago. Im running m stsem active using a clarion.

To me, they dont really sound bright at all ! The midrange is killer on these, but midbass lacks.

For those of you running them active, what do you have your x-overs and slopes set to ?

btw, Heres a video and pics of my setup:

Taken with a cheap 8 year old Sony digicam..LoL

YouTube - Clarion DRZ9255, Morel Tempo 6, Zapco Studio

52886837.jpg

94598162.jpg

I am having a JBL 75.4 GTO amp (75X4 RMS) with Pioneer AVH-3200 DVD head unit

I recently bought Rockford Fosgate P1694 6X9(75X2 W RMS) co-axials for my Suzuki Swift

I was looking to buy a good range component system (100-250$)

Please help me out here

morel has very low xmax numbers and uses very low crossover points with there tweeters.. im shocked you perfer the morels.. i honestly think the hertz where not installed properly or had an issue.. last time i heard the morel sets i was so glad i got the CDT set.. much better lowend definition at high volume and i felt the morels just didn't have the air or detail up high.. the CDTs are already abit on the dull side as compared to the likes of the focals and rainbows an the morels where ever worsethan the CDT... the focals need a tab bit of eq because there sharp th cdts where pretty neutral and the morels just left alot of be desired..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.