Morel Tempo 6 or Morel Tempo Ultra 602

ok. jensen and boss amp for everyone. thd % and quality parts mean nothing anymore. every amp out is exactly the same and will sound the same. i totally get it now. sorry OP for putting my opinion. i will leave you to your choice. have a great day!!

ok. jensen and boss amp for everyone. thd % and quality parts mean nothing anymore. every amp out is exactly the same and will sound the same. i totally get it now. sorry OP for putting my opinion. i will leave you to your choice. have a great day!!
You seem to be missing the point. If you can spare a few minutes read the article. It will all make sense.

Thanks. I'm a little bit lazy and might not want to deaden my doors, but I think it would probably would be a good thing to do with any set of speakers. I just don't know what brand and how much of it do I need to buy. How are the tweeters? Some people have said they sound tinny at first and have gotten better over time. Some also say they sound tinny in general.
I've not listened to the Tempo 6, but the Tempo Ultra tweeters definitely do NOT sound tinny. They are very crisp and dynamic, but not overly bright. I can distinguish instruments in certain songs that I did not know was even there with my previous speakers (Infinity Kappas). The nice thing is you can play them very loud for a very long time and your ears won't get fatigued listening to them. In addition, after playing them loud for a long time and you turn off your system, your ears will not be ringing. I LOVE THAT! That being said, I repeat...get the Ultras!!! I've recommended these to many people on this forum and some have bought them. Google search "Morel Tempo Ultra 602 review". You will find a build log from a guy on diymobilaudio.com using the Tempo Ultra 602 speakers. He talks a lot about them. Read that build log.

By the way, your Rockford Prime amp will be just fine. Rockford does not make poor quality amps. Yes, the components in the Power series are more expensive, but you will not hear any difference between the two equally powered series of amps.

I'm trying to decide which one I should I get. I heard Morel is really good at producing mid-bass sound which is what I'm looking for in the front driver and passenger seat. I have definitely heard a lot of good feedback about the Tempo Ultra 602. Does the Tempo 6 produce the same amount of mid-bass as the Ultra? If that's the case then I'll go with the cheaper one. I'll be powering them with 100 rms Rockford amplifier. I was going to get the Alpine Type R component speakers, but people were saying the Morel component and the Alpine aren't even in the same category. I already have Alpine Type R tweeters and they sound really good so I can't imagine how good the Morel's will sound.
I have nothing but nice things to say about the Morel line of car speakers.

I own one of their top of the range models but I have also heard the entry level maximo and tempo(same as maximo but higher power rating) and they give excellent sound quality, especially midrange, for the money. Ultra I did not get a chance to audition but It should be better.

I'm telling you it's a very well documented and proven fact any amplifier setup to provide the same power will sound the exact same. Again, it's proven and documented.
Hello. I registered to ask you where this documentation and proof is? From my experience as a sound engineer, I find it hard to believe.

"Im telling you it's a very well documented and proven fact any amplifier setup to provide the same power will sound the exact same. Again, it's proven and documented."

Not really. Maybe if you add, "at a similar signal to noise ratio." This is stipulated in Richard Clark Amplifier Challenge Rules Amplifier Challenge Rules:

"6. That neither amp exhibits excessive noise (including RFI)."

"9. That neither amp has excessive physical noise or other indicators that can be observed by the listener."

Also, there is this consideration:

"11. That the channel separation of all amps in the test is at least 30 dB from 20Hz to 20kHz."

Those 3 conditions confirm that he believes that not amps sound the same, due to noise produced during amplification. If he does not believe that, then why bother with those rules? He is testing a sub-set with low noise with good channel separation.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.