Morel Tempo 6 or Morel Tempo Ultra 602

logic227

I'm trying to decide which one I should I get. I heard Morel is really good at producing mid-bass sound which is what I'm looking for in the front driver and passenger seat. I have definitely heard a lot of good feedback about the Tempo Ultra 602. Does the Tempo 6 produce the same amount of mid-bass as the Ultra? If that's the case then I'll go with the cheaper one. I'll be powering them with 100 rms Rockford amplifier. I was going to get the Alpine Type R component speakers, but people were saying the Morel component and the Alpine aren't even in the same category. I already have Alpine Type R tweeters and they sound really good so I can't imagine how good the Morel's will sound. Any other feedback on other good speakers or amplifiers are welcome.

I own the Morel Tempo Ultra 602 set. These speakers are absolutely amazing. Best addition to my car audio. I've not listened to the Tempo 6 speakers, but I do believe the Ultras are supposed to have a larger magnet and a stronger voice coil. One important note, although...make sure you deaden your doors. This will make a big improvement over not deadening them.

Thanks. I'm a little bit lazy and might not want to deaden my doors, but I think it would probably would be a good thing to do with any set of speakers. I just don't know what brand and how much of it do I need to buy. How are the tweeters? Some people have said they sound tinny at first and have gotten better over time. Some also say they sound tinny in general.

no, not really. the prime amplifiers are not like any other amplifier. put that up against any other amplifier and it will sound like garbage. just because it has 100w rms does not mean it is as good as say the power line from rockford.

Calm down. I'm not 100% sure if I'm getting the Morel speakers. I'm just asking for advice about it. What's a good amplifier for the Morel speakers then?

no, not really. the prime amplifiers are not like any other amplifier. put that up against any other amplifier and it will sound like garbage. just because it has 100w rms does not mean it is as good as say the power line from rockford.
A 100 watts will sound like 100 watts. All the amplifier should do is amplify.

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

Calm down. I'm not 100% sure if I'm getting the Morel speakers. I'm just asking for advice about it. What's a good amplifier for the Morel speakers then?
The one you have in mind is perfectly fine.

oh ok. i guess thd has nothing to do with sound. efficiency is nothing as well. so being class ab vs class d has no difference as well. come on, get real. there is a difference. no way can you say there is no difference in quality and sound from the prime amplifier and the power amplifier. if you are really saying that then the cheap jensen is just as good as say a focal amp or jl audio amp or dd amplifier.

there is so much more and better technology put into higher quality amplifiers to get better sound from them. if you dont think that then you are just blind.

A cheap jensen amplifier probably wouldn't even accurately be rated at a true rms of 100, but I guess I get what you're saying. Focal is just too expensive for me.

oh ok. i guess thd has nothing to do with sound. efficiency is nothing as well. so being class ab vs class d has no difference as well. come on, get real. there is a difference. no way can you say there is no difference in quality and sound from the prime amplifier and the power amplifier. if you are really saying that then the cheap jensen is just as good as say a focal amp or jl audio amp or dd amplifier.there is so much more and better technology put into higher quality amplifiers to get better sound from them. if you dont think that then you are just blind.
I'm telling you it's a very well documented and proven fact any amplifier setup to provide the same power will sound the exact same. Again, it's proven and documented.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.