Morel Customer Service *****.....

williambrea
10+ year member

DD>AQ
Roanoke VA
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif

I bought a set of used Morel Tempo's and one of the mid's was broken (my fault during install) and I have been trying to contact somebody @ Morel for about a week and when I finally reached the "tech support" I asked him to buy one mid or a set of tempo mids and he proceded to tell me that I either had to buy a set of Dotech mids or buy a whole new set of tempos.....

Then I asked him about distortion and he told me that since my amp was rated @ 160 bridged and even though I set the gain that it was putting out 160rms regardless....

He literally said that if my gain was all the way up or down that the amp is putting out 160rms..... and that It was too much power.

I am extremely disappointed at their customer service and their lack of ability to even try to find a solution to my problem....

Just wanted people to know before they go out and get the shaft like I did...

On another note....

Does anybody have a 6.5 morel tempo mid F/S????? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Morel probably orders everything in sets, so selling you a single component ruins a whole set for them. They are only being logical

As for the RMS wattage comment, yeah that guys an idiot.

Just buy a new set. I bet if you get back on the phone with them and tell them you have a blown set you would like to replace, they will cut you a price deal

Well, You bought them used, You messed it up on install.

They responded to your question and told you that you had to much power to them

And also gave you options to buy a new set.

Seems like the customer service was fine to me, Not stellar but they did respond to your questions and gave you options. Might have not been what you wanted to hear but that doesnt make shitty customer service.

Morel probably orders everything in sets, so selling you a single component ruins a whole set for them. They are only being logical
As for the RMS wattage comment, yeah that guys an idiot.

Just buy a new set. I bet if you get back on the phone with them and tell them you have a blown set you would like to replace, they will cut you a price deal
When they I said that it wasnt from a dealer his tone completely changed...

Pulled a Terminator Audio....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Well, You bought them used, You messed it up on install.
They responded to your question and told you that you had to much power to them

And also gave you options to buy a new set.

Seems like the customer service was fine to me, Not stellar but they did respond to your questions and gave you options. Might have not been what you wanted to hear but that doesnt make shitty customer service.
Well, It was not what I wanted to hear but them not having individual components is a huge let-down and I would not expect them from a nice company.... But hey they are Jew-Speakers //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

And yes the guy was completely arrogant and did not try to help me....

I had to ask what I needed to do to get something done, and literally beg this guy to get any info from him.

The Indian customer service from Microsoft was more helpful in my case...

When they I said that it wasnt from a dealer his tone completely changed...Pulled a Terminator Audio....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
Your own fault for getting crappy service. You arent helping their business at all by not buying from them, so they could care less about you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

call back in a few days, dont tell them that, and ask for a new set.

Your own fault for getting crappy service. You arent helping their business at all by not buying from them, so they could care less about you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
call back in a few days, dont tell them that, and ask for a new set.
I hate companies that are pissy about that^^

Yea ill probably end up doing that, but not talking to tech support..

I bet if I pitch a ***** and talk to some higher-ups they will do work

Most higher quality manufacturers sell individual pieces...not where you can buy just one though...but just a set of mids. It seems like they'd offer to sell you a set of mids v. forcing you to buy a whole componet set.

Most higher quality manufacturers sell individual pieces...not where you can buy just one though...but just a set of mids. It seems like they'd offer to sell you a set of mids v. forcing you to buy a whole componet set.
yea I asked for individual mids first and then asked for a set....

But no sireeee those mids arent expensive enough to sell separately...

I would have to buy dotech mids 399 or another set of tempos 350 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif

yea I asked for individual mids first and then asked for a set....
But no sireeee those mids arent expensive enough to sell separately...

I would have to buy dotech mids 399 or another set of tempos 350 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif
Maybe contact 6spdcoupe, as he is a morel dealer. I don't think he can get you an individual driver, but a set of the mids.

It is this way the customer gets a warrenty with the product from the company not a 3rd party(which most of the time isn't even a valid warrenty)

i had same problem when i blew an RE mid, i went to a new dealer that opened up and they finally got them to send out a new mid, they were trying to get them to buy a whole set too

I hate companies that are pissy about that^^
Yea ill probably end up doing that, but not talking to tech support..

I bet if I pitch a ***** and talk to some higher-ups they will do work

You didn't buy it from an authorized dealer, and the guy you got it off probably didn't either. There aren't many companies out there that I know of that will honor something like that. If there is, kudos to them, but they aren't required to.

Try buying an illegal copy of Windows Vista, and calling MS for tech support, I bet they'd be really helpful too.

However, I know these aren't even close to the same mids, but: http://www.madisound.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=8439

It is this way the customer gets a warrenty with the product from the company not a 3rd party(which most of the time isn't even a valid warrenty)
I don't see the issue from the manufacturer's perspective between a damaged mid purchased from a dealer and the customer jacked it up vs. customer jacked it up without purchasing from an unauthorized dealer. Either way, the product wouldn't be under warranty.

Also, I need to PM you maybe. I has the depth.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.