more sound into cabin

bmd107
10+ year member

OK
I drive a 97 cadillac deville and I am tying to get more bass into the car. My idea on doing this is to run ports through my back deck, however I am wondering if it would be best to just remove my back speakers and not do any cutting to the back deck.

Get more subs....lol.

Seriously though, removing the speakers helps a little, but not too much. I have the same problem in my bimmer....no fold down seats and a big ass metal plate to eat the bass....my solution = bigger box and no rear speakers.

And yes...as mentioned below...dynamat the crap out of the trunk and you will hear a HUGE difference...i used 4 layers of dynamat extreme on the trunk lid alone and noticed a major improvement.

sorry if I confused anybody. I originally meant to say that I am thinking of porting the deck lid. Which would yield better results. Port the deck lid or just remover the rear fill.

What's the difference between the deck lid and the rear deck?
Are you talking about the trunk lid? Wouldn't water get in?
The deck lid is the trunk lid. He is talking about the rear deck, the panel between your rear window and backseat. Usually some rear fill speakers are mounted there. He is thinking about running his ports throught the rear deck to increase the sound in the cabin.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.