More confused Now....Thanks

Good morning...as the title says....More confused now. Hello everyone, My name is Dan, I, like alot of people here, am getting back into car audio. Came on here looking to do research and the amount of info/Crap is killing me.

My idea is simple...first start with Bass....keep in mind, I am a little older 40 +....but i still like to Bump. I have a Cadillac DTS going to use 3 ft box tuned to 28-32 Hz....Single 12 inch driver. Product, unless i am convinced otherwise, Rockford T1 D2 12 with the Rockford P1000 amp.

Alot of different opinions on here....I dont need to be the loudest, really like Sound quality...But definitely like to get at it with some old school. Ideas or product suggestions would be very helpful....I do have a decent budget....Approx 900 for both amp and driver .

Thank you all in advance

Good morning...as the title says....More confused now. Hello everyone, My name is Dan, I, like alot of people here, am getting back into car audio. Came on here looking to do research and the amount of info/Crap is killing me. My idea is simple...first start with Bass....keep in mind, I am a little older 40 +....but i still like to Bump. I have a Cadillac DTS going to use 3 ft box tuned to 28-32 Hz....Single 12 inch driver. Product, unless i am convinced otherwise, Rockford T1 D2 12 with the Rockford P1000 amp.

Alot of different opinions on here....I dont need to be the loudest, really like Sound quality...But definitely like to get at it with some old school. Ideas or product suggestions would be very helpful....I do have a decent budget....Approx 900 for both amp and driver .

Thank you all in advance
You pretty well missed the boat on old school. Any of the old amps that were great are getting to the age where components are at the end of their life cycle, and apart from the original CV Strokers, virtually every sub from the 90's or earlier is obsolete and likely you won't find parts to rebuild.

If you are not playing movies or pipe organ music there's virtually no reason to tune below 35hz. Not sure how those RF subs work these days, IMO their entry level stuff has always been somewhat dubious quality/value.

You pretty well missed the boat on old school. Any of the old amps that were great are getting to the age where components are at the end of their life cycle, and apart from the original CV Strokers, virtually every sub from the 90's or earlier is obsolete and likely you won't find parts to rebuild.
If you are not playing movies or pipe organ music there's virtually no reason to tune below 35hz. Not sure how those RF subs work these days, IMO their entry level stuff has always been somewhat dubious quality/value.
the T1 sub looks pretty ok, but for the price, im of the opinion that he could easily get a sundown thatll rip it apart for the same price and an amp from the likes of soundqubed for a few dollars more that would also easily surpass the RF he mentioned.

a $500

https://www.amazon.com/X-12-V-2-D2-Sundown-Subwoofer/dp/B012YI1O96/ref=pd_sbs_107_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B012YI1O96&pd_rd_r=Q1ZB1Q0Z6MGYKJKREESP&pd_rd_w=CDG3l&pd_rd_wg=YKl0t&psc=1&refRID=Q1ZB1Q0Z6MGYKJKREESP

and a $430

https://www.amazon.com/SoundQubed-2200W-Block-Amplifier-stable/dp/B00WILT5MI/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1501082480&sr=1-1&keywords=soundqubed+2200

would rip your head off

that Fi on the sq2200 would be pretty impressive. Heck you could likely get away with the sq1200 for tons less money and less power requirements from the alternator
ya know what would be good is us acoustics mike 1500 $299 (i'd get that)... ts 1.3k $289, orion xtr 1500 $339 or ia10.1 1200 $389

FI's website is already listed below.
Wait, holdup, you're saying that Fi has a website now?

Is there anybody left who remembers when that was a thing?

OP, how big of a can of worms are you trying to open here? Willing to upgrade electrical? Can you build your own box?

1200W is about the max I'd try to run off stock electrical so you'll want to plan around that.

As I've said I don't know much about RF these days except their high end amps are still great, but I'd avoid their entry level lines. Alpine type R is a great line of speakers if you like mainstream/big-box-store brands, good value and performance.

Stereo Integrity HST12MKII, only needs .65 sealed, built like a zv512 but for a sealed application, on that sq2200. But as stated previously, will need to upgrade electrical going that route.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.