More amp tests on deck... Opinions on more amps...

just to check what ohm load are the subs? d2 d4 svc4?
D4 only way I have found to wire them is either to 2 or .5 and that's an even harder struggle to find a .5 ohm stable amp that's not way out of budget I've been looking at the rockville amps that are 2 ohm stable but I've heard a lot of mixed things on them

D4 only way I have found to wire them is either to 2 or .5 and that's an even harder struggle to find a .5 ohm stable amp that's not way out of budget I've been looking at the rockville amps that are 2 ohm stable but I've heard a lot of mixed things on them
yep i was checking a kid ordered wrong ohm load subs today trying to get him to cancel.. that infinity amp is real nice

yep i was checking a kid ordered wrong ohm load subs today trying to get him to cancel.. that infinity amp is real nice

There are a bunch of kids that dont check any of that out but I've been watching all kinds of YouTube videos and reading a whole lot of stuff on all kinds of car audio stuff in the last few months just to make sure Im not the fireball on the side of the road or the suckiest sounding 4 12 setup ever lol i think what I'm gonna do is do some more research on the rockville db16 and db14 and get one of those 2 or just wait and save up to get something a bit better for my setup cause I've found a couple different used amps of the db16 in my price range off eBay and some others but I really wish I could find a db14 amp dyno I haven't had any luck on that and figure out exactly what the weak points are for them and try to fix it before I ever hook it up

I have the NVX MVPA4 and NVX MVPA1 available to test. Would be interesting to see if the dyno results NVX shows is actually even close to being true. Still have the original boxes, manuals, and other packaging materials too. These amplifiers are just sitting on my self collecting dust.

Ryan, you might want to add either the JL Audio RD or JX series to your list. The RD seems to be very well received from those who have them, they have unregulated power supplies I believe. Not sure they fall into the "gem or bust" category but, might be interesting.

A few others to consider would be MB Quart (supposedly the Maxxsonics flagship line), Audio Legion (formerly FSD), Kenwoor XR series, Cerwin Vega and maybe for shyts & giggles a Lanzar Vibe.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.