More amp tests on deck... Opinions on more amps...

From now on everyone runs at 2ohm. I have dual 2ohm woofers. Maybe a hd15k 2ohm version. Kmsl
awesome idea!, like me and my 50 boys in the "2 ohm mafia" hadn't already started the "movement".. website is coming soon 1 ohm jerks not allowed!!!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/up2something.gif.dd110ecf3ae4b76050d87598f2f8de7c.gif

What about the new kx series from kicker? They say they’re 1 ohm stable now but they didn’t really give a rating last time I looked.

Also what do you use for resistance to test the amps? I tried using an old x8 coil for for a 1 ohm test last year on my scv4000 and it got a lil stinky lol

What about the new kx series from kicker? They say they’re 1 ohm stable now but they didn’t really give a rating last time I looked.
Also what do you use for resistance to test the amps? I tried using an old x8 coil for for a 1 ohm test last year on my scv4000 and it got a lil stinky lol
our boy ryan (bigblank) tested a kxm 1200 (it's just a marine version) now it does it's power at 2 ohm but it did full rated power

You are in lovvvve with Wolfram! They are actually local company for me and I talked with the owner briefly I think I may pick up the 3k after I get hood rich from my tax return. downside of being local is tax tho

You are in lovvvve with Wolfram! They are actually local company for me and I talked with the owner briefly I think I may pick up the 3k after I get hood rich from my tax return. downside of being local is tax tho
wolfram did well in test thats all any of us know but that was a kicker video i posted..

I have a suggestion /request for a 5 channel amp that puts out quite a bit of power and is quite affordable. I believe it will really surprise people that are looking for a 5 channel. It's not a very well known brand here in the US, but some people know about it. Lmk if you want the info of the amp and it's $299 new if you buy it online.
He did test a 5 ch amp already. But I'm curious on this "mystery" amp you have...

our boy ryan (bigblank) tested a kxm 1200 (it's just a marine version) now it does it's power at 2 ohm but it did full rated power
Yea I saw that vid but I haven’t seen anything on the new for 2017 kxa ones. idk why I care lol. They don’t really give a rating for the 1 ohm, it just says +or- 10% of what the 2 ohm is

I'll check out the KX Kicker's... I have a bunch of KXM's here to rebuild my Boats system (Though I keep flip flopping on what I might actually run).

As for resistance loads I use braking resistors, which are what is used inside the AD-1 amp dyno. I have multiple 1000W 4 ohm and 2 ohm resistors so I can test almost every load from 8 ohm to .5 ohm

I'll check out the KX Kicker's... I have a bunch of KXM's here to rebuild my Boats system (Though I keep flip flopping on what I might actually run).
As for resistance loads I use braking resistors, which are what is used inside the AD-1 amp dyno. I have multiple 1000W 4 ohm and 2 ohm resistors so I can test almost every load from 8 ohm to .5 ohm
Ok thanks I’ll look into trying to find some of those braking resistors. Oh yea I looked at those kickers n they’re called kxa now and black instead of silver, they seem a bit pricy too but that was on crutchfield.

Ok thanks I’ll look into trying to find some of those braking resistors. Oh yea I looked at those kickers n they’re called kxa now and black instead of silver, they seem a bit pricy too but that was on crutchfield.
Best place to find them is eBay... Though they can take a while to come in from China

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.