Mono Amp Protection Light Help!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Tmoly

I have a alpine pdx 1.1000 1000w amp running 2x 10" alpine type R's.

I also have a 4 channel alpine vpowered mrp-f240 running my 4 speakers

I have 4 gage power running into a distribution block and I have 2x 8 gage power running out of it into both my amps.

I have 4 gage ground running into a distribution block and I have 2x 8 gage ground running out of it into both my amps.

remote and rcas obv too.

The problem is my subs were working fine the first 2 days I had them the settings were on fairly low and I wasn't pumping them that hard. then all of a sudden I hear a noise and my subs cut out. The blue light is now illuminating red meaning the protection mode has triggered. every time my car turns on the light is blue and then I hear a *tic* noise and the light turns red.

Also when I installed my 4 channel amp which was done after my mono was in, I started to hear a loud whine coming from my speakers that only comes on when the car is started. the whine gets louder and more high pitched the higher the RPMS get. I have power running on the left and rca's/ speaker wire running on the right.

-----------

Ive shortened the ground wires to both my amps but nothing, checked all the fuses and they seem to be intact... Does anyone know what might be causing these problems????//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif:confused://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
yea I got an alpine HU, I read the stickied thread ima try those options.

How am I suppose to get 4 gage to both my amps, I dont want to have to run another power cord. Can you get distribution blocks like 4 gage in and 2x 4 gages out....

I took the 4gage going in to my distribution block and put it going directly into the mono amp meaning the 4 channel is getting no power. And still the same thing happens....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.