Modeling not right.

Participant count
  • Participant list

The Camry

Hey, I Try.
Trying to model an FI ib3 12 and the numbers are just falling apart. Any advice?

Untitled.png

I tried to enter the parameters for a FI ib312v2 and got this...

m3gHbT.jpg

I'm by no means an expert as I am just learning but does this look better for a d2?

Trying to model an FI ib3 12 and the numbers are just falling apart. Any advice?
Without trying to model myself, low Fs and .7 ish Qts means it is designed to function in a very large sealed box (or infinite baffle). Should be great in that application.

Resolution on your image is too low to see what's going wrong.

If your on a phone. U can zoom in and if you're on a computer. Just cntrl + (+)

Couldnt find anywhere to host the image right...

I was just modeling it vs my icon in IB. Just to see differences. Fi is a whole 3db louder across its bandwidth. I didnt check excursion capabilities but it has 33mm vs 22.

Im aware of the applications. I was just comparing.

I tried modeling it later and it seemed to work for me this time.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Why model an IB sub? If you do an IB setup, there is no box really. You could do a t-line, but modeling a constant width t-line isn't quite necessary, it's just quarter wave length based around what frequency response you want.

That program isn't going to model any of that, I don't believe.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.