Mids and Highs for 4 15s?

No responses?

I think my current idea is too do a 6.5 and a tweeter in a kick panel and then put an 8 inch midbass in each door rather close to the kick panel... But I'll probably need something in the A Pillar but I don't know if I can get away with just a 3" mid and a tweeter in the a pillar or do I need to use the same comp set as I use in the kicks in the pillars?

Ok nevermind anything else before just tell me which one of these is better....

Rockford Fosgate PRIME R152-S 5.25" Component Car Speakers

Pioneer TS-A1305C 5.25" A-Series Component Car Speaker System

They're both the same price, but one can take more power. After I get my amp for my subs, then my alt, I'm gonna do my front stage. So I have about 2 months to decide but I'm curious because as of right now I'm going to put a set of comps in my doors' stock 5x7 location using a conversion plate, and then put another set in my kicks, and then if the mids/highs are good enough I'm gonna put a Peerless SLS 8 midbass in each door.

So yeah I'm wondering which one of those I should choose or maybe there's a better option for that price... I don't want to buy 4 sets of these things and have them not be clear enough....

A single pro audio 6.5 and super tweet will get plenty loud.

You will be making things complicated trying to run components and a raw driver.

You will need an amp and/or headunit with active crossovers to run pro audio.

A single pro audio 6.5 and super tweet will get plenty loud.
You will be making things complicated trying to run components and a raw driver.

You will need an amp and/or headunit with active crossovers to run pro audio.
my main concern is if it will sound good... :?

I have read that Pro Audio is mainly used to get loud rather than get loud and sound good.... I don't want it to sound bad...

I have read that Pro Audio is mainly used to get loud rather than get loud and sound good.... I don't want it to sound bad...
Deff not going to sound as good as a nice sound quality setup but they are far from sounding bad.

I run 6 6.5" pro audio tweets and 4 3" super tweets. They get stupid loud but also sound really good.

Most pro audio mids like to be crossed over around 100hz though.

Dont let those so called "audiophiles" confuse you. Some pro audio midranges play midrange a **** ton better then components. You gotta have a SQ based head unit though or else it wont sound as goood or maybe even peaky.

Dont let those so called "audiophiles" confuse you. Some pro audio midranges play midrange a **** ton better then components. You gotta have a SQ based head unit though or else it wont sound as goood or maybe even peaky.
I looked up my HU's specs and it has a 24 bit d/a converter. It has an 8 band EQ. It has 3 4V RCA outputs. It has LP for the sub and HP for the speakers. So I guess I'm ok.

I looked up my HU's specs and it has a 24 bit d/a converter. It has an 8 band EQ. It has 3 4V RCA outputs. It has LP for the sub and HP for the speakers. So I guess I'm ok.
should be fine with an 8 band EQ and 24 bit converter.

My 6.5 db drive p3s that i got from trumpet sounded way better on the midrange then most of the midrange/midbasses in component sets i've had previously.

PA is the way to go. If tuned properly and not over powered they will sound quite good and easily keep up. I've used: Dayton, selenium, eminence, and soundqubed in numerous installs.

5.25" comp set won't come close to keeping up with 4 15's....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.