Alpine SPR Help before I Purchase?

Participant count
  • Participant list

legaspi89
10+ year member

Chino CA
Ok, so now regarding the SPR 6.5 speakers, I know there's mixed reviews on the harshness of the tweets. Would setting the crossovers to -4db mellow the tweets out where I can listen to a variety of music genres comfortably? Even if the tweeters are a little bright, that's fine, I just don't want them to sound too harsh.

Ok, so now regarding the SPR 6.5 speakers, I know there's mixed reviews on the harshness of the tweets. Would setting the crossovers to -4db mellow the tweets out where I can listen to a variety of music genres comfortably? Even if the tweeters are a little bright, that's fine, I just don't want them to sound too harsh.
the -4db switch is usually used when the tweeter is brighter than the midrange speaker (door speaker) ..

Buddy has these with x-over set at 0db. It is a bit bright, but that's how he likes it. Middle setting should be fine, but I don't think it's something you can't EQ even via head unit. It's a pretty good speaker. Loud, clear.

Thanks guys. Either today or tomorrow I'm going to order them. Only drawback is, I need to buy a good amp now, darn it. The amp I got provides only 50x4 power. Well Im hoping to hear some type of improvement compared to the spr coxials that are mounted in the front. Will see what happens.

Just speculating, however I looked into the amp you mentioned (soundqubed) and went on their website there is a lot of positive reviews on it. Definitely an amp I would consider getting in a few months from now. Amazing price value too it seems compared to Alpine's 4 channel amps.

Is this the one your friend has?

Q4-120

Everything soundqubed is virtually unbeatable for the price. To get something better, you're looking at 2-3 times the price. I run KS series amp, which can actually compete with soundqubed as far as value goes, so that's another option to look into. Talk to an arc dealer on here or locally, see what they can do for you.

Only drawback is, I need to buy a good amp now, darn it. The amp I got provides only 50x4 power.
okay, bridge it and you'll have 100 x 2 @ 4 ohm, i wouldn't call that a drawback..

AnswerID_977.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.