Midbass suggestions

those guys find anything to trash on cheap equipment over there at diyma They cant wrap their heads around not spending 600 bucks for a dsp.

Yeah I noticed that right away. Some of them can't understand that some of us are flat broke or disabled or have families & can not justify spending 800 bucks on a DSP or 800 bucks on AudioFrog whenever we want to. Some of them are really helpful and some you can tell have money and they act like it big time even on a forum.

Jeff man whats with the pink and blue stuff on the doors man??? LOL

Those sound excellent, I will keep them in mind if I decide to run 8 inch midbass, or if I blow these jbl 6.5s up. Im sure I could carve the door panel out a little bit to squeeze 8s in there if I tried hard enough. Factory grills would be a limiting factor though. Alright. What amp would you suggest to run these 6.5 comps, keeping in mine that down the road I may upgrade to those 8s. Also, how do I setup my comps with the additional power? Going by the rms rating of 70 watts, its easy to pair a 70 watt rms amp to them and call it good. Basically, how do I ensure I don't overpower them too much? Next question. Since these are my midbass drivers, do I leave the full range? My head unit and amp only have options for a high pass filter on the front lines, but running that dsp I could limit the upper frequencies and let the tweeters fill those in, or I could do a bandpass I guess and cut out the low bass and the high frequencies. Whats your suggestion there? And finally. New amp to the 6.5s, current amp will power the sub on the 300 rms channel, and the tweeters on one of the 50-70 rms channels, but that leaves 2 amp outputs open. Do I power the rears or what would you suggest I do with those?
the dsp has every crossover imaginable, every tuning feature you ever need. You dont need any passive crossover. Download the dayton dsp app and play around. Leave the amp outputs empty. Any kind of power going to the rears will mess up your soundstage. Any money wasted on rears can be used to make the fronts better or have better power plain and simple. Rears are that bad for SQ, literally destroys what makes music, music.
Yeah I noticed that right away. Some of them can't understand that some of us are flat broke or disabled or have families & can not justify spending 800 bucks on a DSP or 800 bucks on AudioFrog whenever we want to. Some of them are really helpful and some you can tell have money and they act like it big time even on a forum.

Jeff man whats with the pink and blue stuff on the doors man??? LOL
pyschedelic shrooms themed van.

I'm running a dayton dsp. I keep it on standard for a full range signal. The sub is on head unit outputs tho to keep things simple.

Oh I had an awesome trip on that stuff but man in a vehicle like that idk. Did one in a 1968 VW Van me and a friend rebuilt. I'll send ya the black & white picture of it as that does NOT belong on the internet,lol. Did shrooms in it once and yeah awesome trip,lol.

And now back to car audio after talking about mushrooms!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.