Midbass ?'s

As it may be true I have listed only one option thus far, it is also very true that everyone else thus far has not listed any options.

Image Dynamics CX62/CX64

Morel HYBRID OVATION WOOFER 6", SUPREMO SW 6" WOOFER, CDM-88 MIDRANGE,

Genesis Absolute 12m midrange driver

To name a few other options...

As it may be true I have listed only one option thus far, it is also very true that everyone else thus far has not listed any options.
Image Dynamics CX62/CX64

Morel HYBRID OVATION WOOFER 6", SUPREMO SW 6" WOOFER, CDM-88 MIDRANGE,

Genesis Absolute 12m midrange driver

To name a few other options...
why are you naming midrange drivers for a midbass?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

it may be something he may want to look into....
Great advice. He's going to go from a set of entry level PG components to a pair of the best midrange drivers you can put in your car. Makes a lot of sense to me...esp in a thread about midbass.

wow this the dude in the bagged corvette convo in the classifieds....good laughs in their, just an fyi to everyone.

wow this the dude in the bagged corvette convo in the classifieds....good laughs in their, just an fyi to everyone.
their where? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

it may be something he may want to look into....
FOR MIDBASSES?!

Seriously? a 12m for 50/60hz? Really?

No... REALLY?

I own those mids. I wouldn't cross them any lower than 160hz with a brick wall crossover and never play them above moderate volume. NO WAY would I run them down into the midbass range.

for the record…
midbass does not = subbass playing out of your 6.5’s.

/
I know. Just wanting to know more about where a good crossover point is for solid mid-bass, as well as what speakers will perform the best.

boom: I understand where you're at, but do you have any drivers in mind so far? What's your budget? And I'm assuming you'll be running a sub, too? In this case, I also assume you'll have the necessary 4-way active processing to make it happen.
I was thinking some ID OEM 6.5's or bigger if they make them, or if someone can suggest another known midbass driver, please do so. My budget is around $150 I can go higher if need be. As for subs, I may run 2 10's, 1000rms to each. I kinda want my substage to be rock solid and very powerful, and have the frontstage still be able to be heard decently clean. As for processing, I was looking at some AudioControl stuff, what would you suggest as far as that goes?

I like that hybrid, I've also heard some good things. Well, I've narrowed down how I want to do this, If I get midbasses more than 6'', they're going in the kicks, and I'll have a dedicated midbass in the kick, midrange in the door, tweets above the midrange. If I buy a driver that has good midbass/midrange reproduction, I'll throw them in the doors, so I have room for my feet still.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.