midbass location

I knew it was some little shitbox. Fact remains that it was still an abomination //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif IMO RTA scoring measured nothing more than the patience of the tuner and had no real bearing on the actual sound of the car. If it did, they wouldn't have needed one EQT for RTA and the other pair for getting it to sound listenable. The first "pefect 40" RTA was significant, true but it was significant in that it was the first time that someone actually took advantage of the defeat function on the EQT to use multiple EQ curves and the 5 min that IASCA allowed for tuning between the various judging events. Previous to that the cars that sounded good were EQ'd to sound good and they pretty much just lived with whatever RTA score that left them with. Since RTA was not even close to half of the scoring, they sacrificed the few points on the RTA to get better subjective scores for tonality and staging. The LeMans broke the mold in that it had the potential to max out both. I won't say that it wasn't significant in the history of car audio, but it was still a gimmick. A very rewarding gimmick but a gimmick nonetheless. The gimmick factor made a large portion of the point margin. The RTA score only accounted for 3-4 pts IIRC. Using the multi EQ setup, the 40 pt RTA score became almost a given from then on as well.

everyone and there grandma used 3 eqts at that time except for me lol and to my recollection a 40 on rta has only happened 2 other times and also iirc those were with digital eqs. the perfect 40 happened at 95 world finals. the car quilified for finals with a speaker company called "Black Magic" but then was re done for finals with the help of pj's autosound (they were also pro tech speaker people). when it did the perfect 40 it had 1 set of oz tweeters in the back latch area of the hatch and 6 oz 12" subs done in true IB standard and 2 sets of pro tech 5.25's in the monstorous kicks. the next season they switched to oz fronts and switched from soundstream 3.0 amps to audio art 50hc's. from then on judges said it had a "hall effect" in sq listening.....which imo was bogus lol. i heard one of the "great cars" of that year and it wasnt anything special at all to be VERY honest. its sound stage still sounded very much like a car's interior. alot of those cars with all the bells and whistles still out scored most everyone in the sq portion as well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

grouchy

10+ year member
grouchy
Surrey BC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from