Mid recommendation for blown 6.5" Focal 165KR components

Participant count
  • Participant list

CyberKP4
10+ year member

Focal is ignoring me trying to get my speaker fixed. A simple recone, but I guess they are going to stick to me having to buy a completely new set. So no more focal products for me. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

What would you recommend for me to swap into the doors of a C6 Vette? No enclosure setups. The factory has 8" Bose speakers, but I've got MDF baffles built for 6.5.

The speakers will be using the Focal k2 crossovers and powered a JL Audio XD600/6 (75wx6). TBH, I'm not sure what two of the channels are going too. Everything was installed when I got the car. Might have them running to the rear, but I never use them. I thought about Getting the 8" JL midbass and running them, but I'm not sure how to cross them over.

I'm looking for something with powerful kickbass for rock, but my primary concern is minimal distortion. The vette isn't super loud, but it definitely isn't stock.

What would you do in my situation?

Really UOTE=CyberKP4;8658747]Focal is ignoring me trying to get my speaker fixed. A simple recone, but I guess they are going to stick to me having to buy a completely new set. So no more focal products for me. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

What would you recommend for me to swap into the doors of a C6 Vette? No enclosure setups. The factory has 8" Bose speakers, but I've got MDF baffles built for 6.5.

The speakers will be using the Focal k2 crossovers and powered a JL Audio XD600/6 (75wx6). TBH, I'm not sure what two of the channels are going too. Everything was installed when I got the car. Might have them running to the rear, but I never use them. I thought about Getting the 8" JL midbass and running them, but I'm not sure how to cross them over.

I'm looking for something with powerful kickbass for rock, but my primary concern is minimal distortion. The vette isn't super loud, but it definitely isn't stock.

What would you do in my situation?

Re xxx comps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.