mid level vs high end

Participant count
  • Participant list

Lschevelle
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
LA.
I know people always say cone area is king but which setup will have the potential to be louder in a truck. Four sa 10's ported on 3500 watts or two zv.4 12's in a fourth order with about 3500 watts

Depends on enclosure and power on tap.

usually with more subs u get less box rise and more cone area plus more coil to handle the power better.

but in this case the zv4 has higher power handling and more excursion making up for the smaller cone area.

really the sa10s should be louder if they have the room to breath but stuffing 4 10s in a trunk is alot harder than 2 12s.

if you could fit 4 10s why not 2 15s

2 15zv4s would have comparable cone area comparable power handling l, but alot more excursion allowing them to move more air.

but with more subs its harder to blow the subs due to over powering them. Solely because of the more coil in the gap. The zv4 has better cooling to reach its power number

Cone area is not king. Box construction is king. I understand my setup is obnoxiously huge for a single 12 but my AB XFL 12" on 1200W RMS in a 7.85 cu. ft. kerf-ported box in my trunk out-bumped 2 kicker CVRs in a ported Kicker-brand box on a 1000W RMS kicker amp in the back of an SUV. Get 2 12's in a really well built box, @Buck ; will get you hooked up.

I decided to look into a fourth order because i been hearing their more efficient than a ported enclosure...as far a power both will be given rated power. Im not trying to turn this into a which sub is better thread im asking which setup will be more efficient..by the way i will be removing the rear seats in my crew cab

I decided to look into a fourth order because i been hearing their more efficient than a ported enclosure...as far a power both will be given rated power. Im not trying to turn this into a which sub is better thread im asking which setup will be more efficient..by the way i will be removing the rear seats in my crew cab
There's no replacement for displacement. If 4th order is so good, where are all the huge SPL numbers from them? (I don't mean the huge cone area walls that would do the same numbers in a sealed box)

I would take two of the z v4's over sa-10's, it's just a monster of a woofer. Cone area is king, up to a certain power level. Only in certain situations are 4th orders better than ported. I am currently working on a 4th for 2 of the z v4 12's in a blowthrough.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.