Micro and Mini Class D amps

Participant count
  • Participant list

07BronzeFuz
10+ year member

DueceEDuece
Guys ive been around car audio for the good part of 16 years. Ive had tanks ie the old rockford power series amps, belles, and most recently a bigger ED nine.2x amp. All of which will not fit in my currect truck 2013 F150 supercrew. I have a fox box under the seat so anything will have to go behind there and there is little to no room.

Ive seen a sudden hype or circulation of these "micro" class d amps that are even big as a small block of wood.

Whats your opinion of these and are they ok? Im looking at a american bass and i know rockford has one and powerbass.

Thanks

Just go for it you won't be disappointed.

Class D amps can be found everywhere from SQ to SPL because they are proven performers in a small package.

Itll do just underrated like all the phantom amps. If it says 800w dont expect more than 750.

The rockford pbr amps are awesome really. They run a bit HOT but dont typically fail. They qre also cheap online.

Another smaller amp I like is the pioneer prs800 its a 2 channel rated for 75x2 at 4 150x2 at 2 and 300x1 at 4 mono. Its underrated a bit and is very clean power.

How much space do you actually have available?

You might be able to fit Precision Power P900.4 and P1000.1 side-by-side behind the seat if you cut the sound damping pad. P1000.1 is about 13" long, and they're both 6.5" W and 2" H. You'd have more headroom with the pair of these amplifiers than one small 5-channel amplifier.

Another good option is DB Drive's A7M series. They're an upper line in terms of quality from that company, and they're very small. We have those available now also.

A7M Series | DB Drive

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.