Metered The 4-8's Today, Standard Cab Dodge

@ThxOne, what is the difference? Do you think the numbers are fake or something? I heard Term Lab is a tough meter.
You're wondering how I knew that was "outlaw"? Because pickup trucks typically gain very big with the driver's side door or window open. I've seen several that gain as much as 4 or 5dB. Not sure about measuring at the kick, the org that meters that way doesn't support this area anymore. Really it's not like our listening position is up on the dashboard or down on the floor so the honest way to meter is probably the one that measures by the driver's side head rest.

Either way is used in various competition orgs but it is important to qualify your numbers with a disclaimer as to the method of testing so that everybody can compare apples to apples.

My s10 metered much higher with the door open. My single type R 12 did 145 with the door open, but only could muster 142 with the door closed, metered in the passenger kick. The competitions I attended in the early 2000s in Colorado always metered with the doors and windows closed. Metering with the doors open was just for fun. Good numbers from 8s though, regardless of doors open or closed. I’ve always liked doing 8 inch systems in my vehicles.

Not trying to take anything away from the OP. That is a impressive score for four 8’s. But meter position is huge. One of my cars would do 141.1db meca legal. ( car sealed, mic stand in the seat at head level). Door open with the mic in the kick, it did 148.9db.

Not trying to take anything away from the OP. That is a impressive score for four 8’s. But meter position is huge. One of my cars would do 141.1db meca legal. ( car sealed, mic stand in the seat at head level). Door open with the mic in the kick, it did 148.9db.
This, not saying that's a bad number but it was obviously outlaw score to anybody who has metered pickups.

I remember competitions even in the middle to late '90s doing it with the doors & windows closed with the mic or w/e they used up by the headrest. For 4 8's though like you said it isn't a bad number at all.

@ThxOne hadn't even posted yet. LMAO. You're slippin bro.

Technically, he did. He liked a post before I asked him the question. Keep up bro.

Screenshot_20210311-143700_Chrome.jpg

I fuxx wit outlaw spl
148 on music is a respectful score for 4 8's behind a seat regardless of the organization since I assume you were just metering for funsies
If you wanted to I'm sure you could dick around with some tweaks to maybe see 150!

I fuxx wit outlaw spl
148 on music is a respectful score for 4 8's behind a seat regardless of the organization since I assume you were just metering for funsies
If you wanted to I'm sure you could dick around with some tweaks to maybe see 150!
The point @hispls and others are raising is that a number by itself lacks reference. You can put the meter in the port and get huge numbers, and you can put the meter on the front bumper and get low numbers, but that doesn't mean port guy has more sound pressure than bumper guy.

The point @hispls and others are raising is that a number by itself lacks reference. You can put the meter in the port and get huge numbers, and you can put the meter on the front bumper and get low numbers, but that doesn't mean port guy has more sound pressure than bumper guy.
I'm aware and I guess I'm niave but I've been to several sanctioned bass evens as a spectator for different organizations like Midwest spl, outlaw spl, usaci, and I haven't seen anyone do a port score since like 2001....so I figured I was safe to assume it wasn't a port score

The meter was located in the kick panel on the passenger side.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.