Memphis VS. Pioneer

meh, it looks a lot better built, decent basket, magnet on show, decent terminals, and actually rms rating..... the previous model of the pioneer was the tws307d2/d4 and I sold a lot of these subs, pretty much all of them were over drivin and blown after weeks from customers cranking them and expecting more from them.
Now that response was actually inciteful //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I'll look into them a bit more, but I'll probably end up going with the M5s.... I'll be running them pretty hard

Do you know any subs that you would trust even more than the M5s? Around their price range?

what part of the pioneer specs are better than the m5?
Frequency, RMS, and the pioneers are a bit shallower... although that doesn't really make them better

M5 RMS = 600

PIONEER = 400

for the money your looking at spending these two are pretty good options, also it's worth trying to buy local (for warrenty claim ect) :p

M5 RMS = 600PIONEER = 400

for the money your looking at spending these two are pretty good options, also it's worth trying to buy local (for warrenty claim ect) :p
I was looking at Peaks more... the M5s peak at 1200, and the Pioneers peak at 1400

Also, what does the sensitivity mean? Pioneers has a higher sensitivity...

i can vouch for the subs i set the link for... those champion series you linked, are cheap and about 80 on ebay...

there was a thread on here and people were comparing them to sa12s, and i know they are good subs for the money as i've ran them... their numbers are a bit stretched but good subs, but if your going to pay 250 a sub brother your getting robbed!!!! 250 a sub AQ hdc3 all day brand new from AQ with warrenty and free shipping!!!

pioneer specs

Maximum input power3.500 W

Nominal input power1.000 W

ImpedanceDual 4Ω

Frequency response20 - 150 Hz

Lowest resonance frequency31 Hz

Sensitivity (1W/1m)90 dB

Woofer size30,0 cm

Woofer materialInterlaced Basalt / Carbon Fibre Reinforced IMPP™

Dual 4Ω voice coils: 2 or 8Ω

Voice Coil bobbin typePhenol resin coated glass cloth bobbin

Pole Yoke TypeExtended and Vented pole yoke

MagnetsDouble-stacked, high power

TerminalsPush-type

Recommended sealed enclosure14,2 - 28,3 litres

Surround3-Layer Fiber Woven Radial Surround

Thiele/Small Parameters

Yea, those 'pro' ones are definitely the ones I were debating. I remember the cone design :p

Side show, that pioneer has a higher normal RMS thingy :3

And thanks for letting me know, I'll try and get the price down... or I'll just buy them on Ebay and bring them in:)

Yea, those 'pro' ones are definitely the ones I were debating. I remember the cone design :p Side show, that pioneer has a higher normal RMS thingy :3
that still isn't whats tripping me out did you read what he's gonna pay a piece for either of those subs... crazy high!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.