CDT or Tempo Morel?

Participant count
  • Participant list

stay_high
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Florida
I have $300 for a COMP set. Im hearing from everybody that CDT comps and tempo morels are amazing. But on wooferetc, theres literally like 7 different CDT component sets that all cost $300. Which one of these sets do i get? Are these the best comps i can get in the $300 range? I only listen to rap/hip hop and sometimes like electric/techno/dubstep type music. I want them to get LOUD. I dont like harsh and fatigueing tweeters. I also dont care a whole lot for mid bass but want strong mid range as i dont like comp sets that have to much treble. I like an overall balanced sound. But i know that part comes down to how you tune them and install them and what not. Help is appreciated as im sure you are all getting tired of me asking for recomendations =P

i'd prob suggest some of the cdt's, but it all depends on what you like the sound of, best off going around and having a listen to some different brands,types and price ranges of splits befor you try make your disicion.

i'd prob suggest some of the cdt's, but it all depends on what you like the sound of, best off going around and having a listen to some different brands,types and price ranges of splits befor you try make your disicion.
I dont really have the oppurtunity to listen to different stuff. Theres only one audio store around me and all the carry are big names like kicker...alpine.... you know.

yep and what do you like the sound of the best out of what they have? also like I said the install will effect the sound you get from the speakers, so might be worth spending a little on sound deadening your doors and mounting speakersd ect

You have access to 2 CDT dealers here on the forum. We have a good assortment of CDT product in stock along with the option of putting together custom 2-way and 3-way component systems. CL-62 would be ideal for you although MX-2CL uses the same speakers with a better, much more capable crossover.

Don't rule out HAT as well. 300 can get you the Imagine comp set which tends to perform a decent deal higher than its asking price. Also doesn't require installation of a large crossover as it's mounted directly to the woofer basket.

As for CDT, not sure I'd go with the CL since once you hear the HD or ES, you'll be begging to upgrade.

$300 should also be able to get you a PHD FB 6.1 kit which has some remarkably well-designed tweeters.

Otherwise, keep your eyes peeled on the classifieds for here and a couple of the other popular audio forums, especially DIYMA. Those guys change component sets like they change pants and have pretty premium tastes in drivers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.