Memphis VS. Pioneer

Okay, I'm definitely gonna research their prices next time I'm there xD

All I knew was that they were way cheaper than audio express... I guess I was gonna get fucked either way.

Thanks for the save lol

Okay, I'm definitely gonna research their prices next time I'm there xD

All I knew was that they were way cheaper than audio express... I guess I was gonna get fucked either way.

Thanks for the save lol

You asked what subs would be as good in the price range, so imma tell you. I run sundown sa12's and love them, and they would seriously save you some money compared to 350 each for the Memphis m5's (of which I honestly am not that big of a fan of) or heck for that price you could look into some less massively used brands (as compared to kicker alpine rockford fosgate sony mtx etc...)such as obsidian, incrimminator audio, FI, re, earthquake, treo engineering, digital designs(amazing subs), d.a.d, ppi(a dealer named trumpet can help you out on here for pricing and ordering stuff from them, very solid stuff for the price), massive audio, etc... As I tell people all the time who are new to car audio and wanna have an impressive system, go crazy on your brands and don't just get what everybody else has. For example, I'm known around my parts as the dude with the treo engineering subs. Just mix it up bro, hope this helps.

Yea, those 'pro' ones are definitely the ones I were debating. I remember the cone design :p Side show, that pioneer has a higher normal RMS thingy :3

And thanks for letting me know, I'll try and get the price down... or I'll just buy them on Ebay and bring them in:)

Seriously dont get them weak and inefficient magnets 1000 rms on them and they wont even get nearly as loud as a sundown SA 8.

there's cheap subs that over inflate their number, pioneer subs arent good subs. They get mediocre loud and have poor sound quality. Stick with head units when it comes to pioneer man. Lots of better options for that 120-140 price range

You asked what subs would be as good in the price range, so imma tell you. I run sundown sa12's and love them, and they would seriously save you some money compared to 350 each for the Memphis m5's (of which I honestly am not that big of a fan of) or heck for that price you could look into some less massively used brands (as compared to kicker alpine rockford fosgate sony mtx etc...)such as obsidian, incrimminator audio, FI, re, earthquake, treo engineering, digital designs(amazing subs), d.a.d, ppi(a dealer named trumpet can help you out on here for pricing and ordering stuff from them, very solid stuff for the price), massive audio, etc... As I tell people all the time who are new to car audio and wanna have an impressive system, go crazy on your brands and don't just get what everybody else has. For example, I'm known around my parts as the dude with the treo engineering subs. Just mix it up bro, hope this helps.

I've heard the Sundowns hit really hard, but I've also heard their range is pathetic.... I want a sub that can hit all levels nicely

I run an sa-12 in a 2.4 cu box tuned to 36hz in my fiancés Nissan murano and it sounds very good. It is ran off of an old lanzar Optidrive 2.100 not bridged and hits real nice. I recommend em, but there are other options out there to entertain.

Thank you for going with Sundown. I have some pioneer champion pros collecting dust because they were terrible. Reaching thermal limits on 1k rms with subsonic set at 25hz. Pathetic.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.