Memphis 4kw problem.....look at this video!!

Some of the people that I know that hate them have their fair share of World Championships.

And playing music wired to 1 ohm seeing 17v is misuse?

haha my buddy had this same problem with the 4kw.

Turn the 'filter' switch off on the side of the amp. should solve problem! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

+1 But I would turn it on not off. I had one of my amps in a malibu and all I did was turn the filter off and it did the same thing. So switch it to the opposite position and it should stop. I dont know why but it should work.

+1 But I would turn it on not off. I had one of my amps in a malibu and all I did was turn the filter off and it did the same thing. So switch it to the opposite position and it should stop. I dont know why but it should work.
yeah, thats what i ment just switch it over. problem solved.

Yeah... I knew it was somethign small...

HOWEVER, It is still a good thing i took it to a shop and had it tested before shipping as i knew if anything happened you ass hats would be after my nuts like a cracked out squirrel... For the record... he is running stock electrical. I am not trying to dog on him AT ALL, but this amp was is 100% PERFECT working order when it was shipped (i have the shop owner to back me up on that) and I don't want it to come back on me when this thing DOES fry from his stock electric...

I have a 300A alt, 4/0 power & grounds, Big3 in 2/0 and a Pair of BatCap 2K's, it has NEVER seen under 14V from me...

Those memphis 4K's do NOT ****...
Actually yes they do. Who ever makes these amps for Memphis does a shіtty job with the manufacturing process. FIRST the soldering technique blows chunks and SECOND the circuit board is supported mainly by these transistors that have a shіtty solder job.

Other than that it is a good amp, but rough roads and other miscellaneous vibrations tend to cause these fυckers to die at a faster than usual pace! Sadly, I don't know if Memphis has even addressed their circuit board issue because I stopped using them in 2007 after multiple amplifier failures.

Simple flick of the switch and everything is ok //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Sadly my experience with Memphis Car Audio amplifiers involved an amplifier being repaired, three times to be exact.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif I also had a few that were DOA right out of the GD box.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

I'll be honest, only Memphis amplifiers I've run were the ST1000D and the a 2000w @ 2ohm amplifier, I dont remember the name.

The ST1000D was a saint and a great amplifier.

The older 4kw's I've heard nothing but good things about, especially from most competitors. Then there's the new lineup.

I have yet to hear ONE SINGLE GOOD COMMENT made about the newer 4kw's...everyone hates them, they go out entirely too easily. They do make good power for the few seconds they work and I essentially regard them as burp-only amplifiers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.