Memphis 4kw problem.....look at this video!!

Every person that I know that runs the Memphis 4ks has nothing but problems and doesnt like them. And I know some people with the brand new 4k model and they say its even worse.

The cause? The Memphis 4k amps being whiney, picky, power hungry amps that love to shut off and fry for no reason at all.
They are stock, blow it one time have it fixed it's 100x better then new. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Of couse if you know this before you buy it you just buy something else.. lol This is how it has went with the ones I have had. The one I have now was fixed 2 times by Memphis rebuilding the power supply and they replaced the parts with "cheap" fets not the org fets. I am having one redone now with the org fets that should solve mines issue this just sound way to much the same as the times I have seen it with the same amp..

But they are power hungry for sure I do agree with that..

First off , Memphis 4Ks dont **** ! I have great luck with em . People who blow em are trying to do things with em that they arent meant for ! Running em at low voltage ...... low impedances ............ stock electrical ! Galactic Monkey , these amps arent for beginners :cool:

Your amp is sending DC instead of AC. Those Memphis 4ks ****.
ive seen a number of these amps in other shops around the houston area do that. dc instead of ac is the power supply. its not able to convert the power like it should. :eek:very costy fix:eek: who ever sold u the amp sold it like that or you somehow you it.

First off , Memphis 4Ks dont **** ! I have great luck with em . People who blow em are trying to do things with em that they arent meant for ! Running em at low voltage ...... low impedances ............ stock electrical ! Galactic Monkey , these amps arent for beginners :cool:
The people who tell me they have problems arent beginners, or anywhere near it.

When the amps are working, which isnt very often, they do put out alot of power. No question there. But they never work, so thats a problem. Even when they do work, your voltage is so crappy the amp has a hard time making any power, and will most likely shut off at 11.5-12v, so your back to the problem of it not working at all.

The people who tell me they have problems arent beginners, or anywhere near it.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif:D //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

ive seen a number of these amps in other shops around the houston area do that. dc instead of ac is the power supply. its not able to convert the power like it should. :eek:very costy fix:eek: who ever sold u the amp sold it like that or you somehow you it.
I traded it to him... It was tested and working when i packaged it... Does the speaker hook-up make a difference on these?

amp006.jpg

amp008.jpg

amp007.jpg

They do put out good power when they are working, I already said that.
But try to play music with them, and youre pretty much screwed.
Yea , I see you edited your post . I agree when they work they can produce some serious power ! When you misuse em they will give out on you

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.