Memphis 4kw problem.....look at this video!!

valin
10+ year member

The King of the North
I have never seen anything like this before. When the system is powered up, the amp will turn on just fine, but there is no output. It does not kick into protection mode. Even on zero volume, the sub will reach max. excursion very slowly, then pop, and start to move to minimum excursion, and pop again. It will repeat itself over and over. I have tried this on different drivers, at different impedances. The result is the same at all times. It also does not matter where the volume is set.

I ran the RCA's from my front channel amp to the Mojo with no change also, and have tried both speaker outputs. Any ideas?

Here's the vid....

Those memphis 4K's do NOT ****...

This cannot be too big of an issue as this amp was tested and worked perfectly prior to packaging and shipping.

What is going on with yout wiring? to the speaker hookups?

Those memphis 4K's do NOT ****...This cannot be too big of an issue as this amp was tested and worked perfectly prior to packaing and shipping.

What is going on with yout wiring? to the speaker hookups?
I have speaker wires run into both sets of the outputs on the amp. I have tried this off of both sets of output with the same results. Currently, for troubleshooting, I have the one set just taped up at the moment and hanging over the seat, if that's what you are wondering.

AMP power fets are blown most likely, I just sent mine off to get fixed did 100% the same thing. Would turn on no protect light.. Smell it and if it smells send it in or send it off to DB-R or someone else. I got mine fixed rather cheap by a good member here..

There is no noticeable smell.
Mine did not at first I had it on as I was trouble shooting took about 10min then poof smoke.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

The fets on the do seem to mess up a lot the person I sent it to had just got done fixing like 4 others.. Is there any stickers on the back of it? Pic of back and inside might help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.