Meade's new enclosure

Who takes their box out so often that having quick disconnects makes a difference? Saving a minute of your time disconnecting the wires doesn't negate the hour of time it took just to put that system in place. It's a gimmick to get views to bait people into saying "woah look how cool this is! Go watch it!"

Fastenal or McMaster Carr

Ive been looking for some security screws that dont have the common head that anyone has a tool for. I had only found Bryce before and they have a $100 min order.

But McMaster Carr has a package of funky screws for $15 that i dont think the tool is too common for. Thanks for the tip!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-12-11-23-47-23-1.png
    Screenshot_2019-12-11-23-47-23-1.png
    29.4 KB · Views: 147
How many nuts and bolts and washers does it take to hook up a pair of subs.Good grief Batman.As nice and smooth as these roads are around the DFW Metroplex, by the end of the block Ill bet youd hear only a quarter of the subs hitting while the Mids and Highs are screaming theyre azzes off. No Thanks.. I like my Chits wired Direct.I dont even like B-Tooth to be honest.

If you really want to mess with dirty thieves, take some thick cable and sleeve it with some kind of rubber or whatever and snake it through each subs basket then lag bolt it through the box into the body of the vehicle. Box is secure, subs are secure.

As far as practicality... the Neo-Magnets thing is way impractical and over complicated. Kinda clean looking but I like my stuff in disarray.

If you really want to mess with dirty thieves, take some thick cable and sleeve it with some kind of rubber or whatever and snake it through each subs basket then lag bolt it through the box into the body of the vehicle. Box is secure, subs are secure.

As far as practicality... the Neo-Magnets thing is way impractical and over complicated. Kinda clean looking but I like my stuff in disarray.
Yea, i like this. It would need to be pretty thick so you couldnt clip it with standard tools.

Probably the biggest probably we face is when our prevention methods overcome a thief's attempts, they get pissed off and just destroy stuff out of spite... ie screwdriver through the cone, key the car, whatever.

Ive been thinking a lot about this as im about to drop some $ in system and i also happen to be moving into not the nicest of neighborhoods. I may look into possibility of getting extra insurance on my car.

Who takes their box out so often that having quick disconnects makes a difference? Saving a minute of your time disconnecting the wires doesn't negate the hour of time it took just to put that system in place. It's a gimmick to get views to bait people into saying "woah look how cool this is! Go watch it!"
Everyone's life isn't the same I personally have children and there are times when the kids have a lot of stuff when we go out of town some times, I may need to use the space for groceries or anything. I know it would be useful for me to be able to grab it quickly no unscrewing just grab set it to the side in the garage and go and put back in just as fast. As far as theft is concerned I'm not paranoid about that. I just live my life. I think it's cool. It just seems like you guy's don't like Steve Meade which is understandable I myself have witnessed his assholishness but I definitely see advantages especially if s family has one car ijs

Everyone's life isn't the same I personally have children and there are times when the kids have a lot of stuff when we go out of town some times, I may need to use the space for groceries or anything. I know it would be useful for me to be able to grab it quickly no unscrewing just grab set it to the side in the garage and go and put back in just as fast. As far as theft is concerned I'm not paranoid about that. I just live my life. I think it's cool. It just seems like you guy's don't like Steve Meade which is understandable I myself have witnessed his assholishness but I definitely see advantages especially if s family has one car ijs
If you need space for other stuff. Buy a cheap old blazer or something and make it your beater..

When I steal car stereo equipment I always bring my security bits from Harbor Freight with me... Just fill in the screw heads and bolt heads with JB Weld. Makes for that finished, permanent look ;)
I used to full in the screw heads with JB weld and 1 time a decade ago I sold my jl w6 12 in a box I made to a guy off craigslist and he calls me up bitching that he couldn't take the sub out of the box so I asked him why he was taking it out...turns out he was taking the w6 out of a spec box I built that was nice and carpeted to put it in a r/t $30 pre fab box he bought. I spent little time explaining why that was dumb he didn't get it so I blocked his #.

If you need space for other stuff. Buy a cheap old blazer or something and make it your beater..
If I could afford it! The key kids like the bass though so it's cool. I just didn't know the can of worms I was opening with this being a Meade subject. I'm ready to wave the white flag. Lol

Yea, i like this. It would need to be pretty thick so you couldnt clip it with standard tools.

Probably the biggest probably we face is when our prevention methods overcome a thief's attempts, they get pissed off and just destroy stuff out of spite... ie screwdriver through the cone, key the car, whatever.

Ive been thinking a lot about this as im about to drop some $ in system and i also happen to be moving into not the nicest of neighborhoods. I may look into possibility of getting extra insurance on my car.
Best way besides securing with tamper resistant screws or bolts... don't advertise your system. No visible stickers or decals or "Clues" to make your car a target. Try not to play your system loud or even loud enough to be slightly heard near your neighborhood. Don't draw attention to your blood sweat and tears.... and money.

Best way besides securing with tamper resistant screws or bolts... don't advertise your system. No visible stickers or decals or "Clues" to make your car a target. Try not to play your system loud or even loud enough to be slightly heard near your neighborhood. Don't draw attention to your blood sweat and tears.... and money.

Blood sweat money tears, no lie. Hmmm, souds like a line to some corny rap song... Hehe. But seriously, i do have blood scraped knuckles and hours of drywall finishing to make the $ for my system. Sometimes i feel like id die on the hill to defend my system. Kinda stupid when i think about getting in some serious **** for car speakers but those speakers represent many hours of me grinding. Im not ready to just let that stuff walk away.

Meade gets offended like a liberal tranny.

He got ripped off on that DD1 when a guy returned a multimeter in the box. Random dude replied "LMFAO!" in live chat and he goes off on him saying he has nothing and will never be nothing.

I thought it was funny as **** when he opened the box and there was a multimeter. Him bitching over $200 which he will get back no problem is just childish.

That made my day.:LOL:

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.