MDF or Particle Board

InhumanAcura
5,000+ posts

1/3ofTEAM PwNAGE..*****es
I build a box every weekend and just recently learned how to lay glass, a guy i bs with about my Inhumans suggested building the box out of particle and glassing the hell out of the inside. Im not sure why? particle is more pourous than mdf? He has never givin me bad advise in the past and knows his stuff. Is there any relevance to this? and why?

Thanks

Matt

If you're going to glass the hell out of it, you can use most anything, as the glass will go a long way toward overcoming the shortfalls of the material. MDF will hold screws better but if you use T-nuts that won't matter either, just put the T-nuts in before the glass and cover the hole to keep the resin out.

Is using glass on the inside going to have any audible difference or a gain in spl? I know its not going to be huge but is ther an advantage to glassing it. Im pretty my ignorant on this matter to be honest. Any help would be appreciated man.

Thanks I appreciate the help man. My buddy is about to get sent over there soon. I hope you come back safely, thanks for reppin the us of a for all of us.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.