MB Quart ONX1.1500 Internals

sry I have no clamp meter..I agree the ONX doesn't look as beefy but the board is wider and it has higher ratings at 4 and 2 ohm. It also has those rods at the top left, I don't know what they are for but I am guessing this is a more efficient design that does more with less components.

sry I have no clamp meter..I agree the ONX doesn't look as beefy but the board is wider and it has higher ratings at 4 and 2 ohm. It also has those rods at the top left, I don't know what they are for but I am guessing this is a more efficient design that does more with less components.
cool. mine is a beast. just wondering about the new model

There was a test floating around of a DISCUS doing like 1600rms at 1ohm or something...but often times, peoples test methods can be incorrect, so you never know...I dont know what my DSC does, but it can definately push more power then my brutus did and seems just as strong as my atomic 1500

According to the Maxxsonic rep and several dealers, the ONYX series does rated + and is an upgraded series over the Discus line. There was a user over on DIYMA who has owned both the Discus and Onyx and says the new stuff sounds better and is just as strong if not stronger.

I saw a PAS mag video a few weeks ago from CES that documented all the new MB Quart stuff for 2011 including the new Formula amps. They look nearly identical to the Discus series only without the raised, chrome accented 'bump' on top. It said they were only going to be available in 2,4 and 5 channel however, I saw a single channel mono amp listed somewhere. Seems like it was fairly low power though. The Formula series is the MB Quart "entry level" line and the video is here...

PASMAG | PERFORMANCE AUTO AND SOUND - home_page

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.