Punch 75 25 To Life

Participant count
  • Participant list
It could probably be done as long as you could feed it the current it needs and don't let it overheat, but I don't know if I would recommend it. I believe my 25 to Life Power 1000 was 1 ohm stereo stable/2 ohm mono stable on the class ab section BUT it had a cooling fan. It is my opinion that there are better amplifiers for 2 ohm mono loads than the class ab 25 to Life Punch series.

With all that mumbo jumbo typed, I never ran my 25 to Life Punch 150 below 4 ohms bridged because it ran pretty warm and pulled lots of current @ 4 ohms just to power a Digital Designs 1508.

GUNZ4ME2
When we talked about the bass knob,I forgot to ask,is the knob you have the Para-bass knob with the 2 knobs or 1?
The one I have for the Punch 150 is just one knob. The one I had for my Power 1000 had the 2 knobs, but that amp is long gone.

that amp is just a commemorative cheater amp of the old punch75/75hd models. it is 600wrms- 750wrms (depending on voltage).... you do the math. if it will not hold that much rms @ 4ohms bridged (50vac avg. cont.) then you have your answer. if it can only seem to hold a good 35v, then it needs 2ohm to push that much

what i am saying, is that your amp is a "cheater" remake. it was designed from the factory to be able to push 600-750rms. you determin what load it can handle by measuring the ac voltage output bridged on a dmm, while playing a test tone.

OK,hooked up the 75 and set clipping with o-scope last night.....wow.....this little amp wangs.We removed a 1990 Punch 150 and replaced it with the 75 and I belive it souds better.I am very impressed!

I didnt check....after a lot of reaearch I found no one that had successfully run the 25 To Life 75 @ 2 ohm mono.It is currently in stereo due to the pair of 4 ohm subs.I bought the amp for $75 bux and feel like I definately got my moneys worth.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.