Mazda B4000 - how to get power wire through the firewall?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Tom Brokaw
10+ year member

Cali
I'm installing an amp in my 97 B4000 and need to get a power wire from the battery to the extended cab portion. Any ideas/suggestions/proven methods of getting a 8ga power wire through the firewall without drilling?

It looks like I *might* be able to share the hood latch release grommet but it maybe not.

That's my main question. I'm also open to suggestions for mounting and grounding the amp. I do not want to mount it to the sub - vibrations = bad, plus it's one-stop shopping for potential thieves. Thanks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Kicker 46CSS654 CS Series 6-1/2" component speaker system chose these for the front chanel Kicker 46CSC654 CS Series 6-1/2" 2-way car speakers...
Run the biggest AGM you can under the hood, the parallel runs to one of these - should be everything you need and then some...
What amplifier(s) are you using? What speakers? Is this your main battery or is it a 2nd battery? If it is a 2nd, how are you wired up? What if...
That’s the little single 6.5 inch enclosure. The Savard did just as well as the RDS. These subs do well in ported or 6th orders but not as well...

About this thread

Tom Brokaw

10+ year member
Tom Brokaw
Cali
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from