Max Speed and Sound

You must be used to Independance Audio then. If you get a chance, have a look at Loud 'n Clear out in Kansas. They are a da mn good shop too. I don't frequent there too often, only when I need some ideas. Not to mention, LNC will also do custom glassing work (a la complete trunk kits or custom door panels) unlike Max Speed and Sound, but they still glass nonetheless.

i'd steer clear of loud n clear. last time i was in there, the guy was a total *******, and basically told me everything i had was absolutel crap, and that if i didn't switch from my JL 500/1 and 300/2 to crossfire amps, i'm wasting my time. i've seen some VERY shady stuff go down there.

personally i would highly recommend santa fe auto sound, on 83rd and santa fe in lenexa. they are VERY professional, and do outstanding work. if i still lived in KC, that's probably the only shop i would feel comfortable working at because of the professional atmosphere, and they're not the type of place to rip you off and hack your install. they always have gone the extra step to do what's right, rather than letting little stuff slide.

or am i thinking of prosound

prosound also is one i would stay away from. very shady operation. i made the mistake of buying an eclipse head unit from them. 2 weeks after i got it, it went haywire, and started smoking. i pulled it out and noticed that they didn't use any connectors on the wiring harness. they just twisted them together and taped the **** up. no solder, no butt connectors, no crimp caps... just twist and tape. the constant wire shorted with one of the speaker leads and cooked it. i took it back, and they REFUSED to give me a replacement over the counter so i could install it (right) myself. i showed him their wiring job, and he still refused. i had to get very aggressive and he finally gave in. if you're in lawrence, go to kief's. they've always done good work and been helpful. i hear there's a new shop way down on 23rd st near K-10 that does good work, but i haven't been in there. they came about after i got away from kansas.

I'm sorry, I had to chime in on this. I think MAx Speed and Sound *****. I went there a couple weeks ago and the owner was rude and was not very knowledgable. I went in to look at w6v2 and he told me I needed w1's, which **** IMO. I have two 12" w1s sitting on a shelf in my garage that I used for 2 weeks and couldnt stand anymore.

I told him what else I was looking at and he told me it was crap, and I wasnt looking at crap, I had been looking at rainbow and some arc audio amps. Anyways, we got into a pissing match of knowledge and I will never buy from there.

I will say that their installer I spoke with was a nice guy though. He wanted to show off a w7 to a guy in there and was nice about the whole thing.

Indep. Audio is fu**n terrible. Best buy quality on installs with outlandish prices. Don't want to mention anyone's name coleman but you ****. I went all over the city looking for someone to feel comfortable with. Wow I was really mislead. My bad I quess, just want to keep anyone else from the missery. I had my own equipment just a basic two amp install. They gave me their price which was 175 higher than my next two choices. I pulled the trigger on them cause sales rep coleman allowed me to feel like I was paying for the best which is what I want. Install tech, sales rep and I want to look at my stuff and all the install tech did was bach my products. Flat out told me I must be stupid for buying 10 year old ppi amps and he had never heard of cdt audio and said they must be a fly by night product I picked up off of ebay. Long story short, they did not install my amps like I wanted now my seat doesn't close so that leaves me to reinstall them myself. Also I requested them to run 16ga wire into my doors where my 6.5 midbass drivers set. I paid extra for that! I get the truck home pulled my q-logic kicks out just to see how they made the connections cause they told me they solder which is what I recommended and found that they connected to existing stock wireing going to my doors. And they used basic connecters. Wow if I see that install tech in public his ass is mine. Anyway Santa Fe is prob. the one i should have used. Max is ok just really hi on hertz. Oh Indpend. didn't even finish reinstalling my lower center console found that when I was home also. Also found screw driver marks on my dash where they were trying to pry my dash apart were it actually doesn't come apart there. I can email pics if anyone finds this unbelieveable. Later

You must be used to Independance Audio then. If you get a chance, have a look at Loud 'n Clear out in Kansas. They are a da mn good shop too. I don't frequent there too often, only when I need some ideas. Not to mention, LNC will also do custom glassing work (a la complete trunk kits or custom door panels) unlike Max Speed and Sound, but they still glass nonetheless.

Thank you for the kind words we at Loud and Clear are very passionate About Audio!

i'd steer clear of loud n clear. last time i was in there, the guy was a total *******, and basically told me everything i had was absolutel crap, and that if i didn't switch from my JL 500/1 and 300/2 to crossfire amps, i'm wasting my time. i've seen some VERY shady stuff go down there.
Im sorry You Felt that way. I do remember you coming in and dont recall telling you JL Audio was Crap,and I dont know what shady stuff your reffering to but after all we are in the hood. Maybe thats why I came off brash to you, its not the same here as in JO. Usually I dont offend to many as im very passionate about car audio and most walk away learning something. Its all I have done for 20+ years and have worked hard to become the most award winning car audio store in the Midwest,Kansas & Missouri and that is a fact. I do make statements on audio that I can back up with proof see my signature below or 12volt.com those for details. We do good custom work at fair prices.

My store Isn't for everyone it may not be for you and then you may give it another chance either way your intitled to your own opinion but im still man enough to give you a public appoligie if I came off to you like that its was not my intention Im just very confident im my words and work.

thanks for hearing me out

Donnie

Hey guys, just starting up on this forum. I am currently in the North KC area and am going to be looking into getting a new sub/amp install for my car as soon as I sell my old set of subs. I thought I'd check here to get some opinions and also to ask if anyone knows where a good place to possibly sell used car audio equipment. I am trying to sell 2 12" Directed Audio subs with a ported box. I have them posted on Craig'sList, but don't really feel like putting them on ebay because of shipping charges and such. Any information would be much appreciated. The subs are in mint condition by the way.

Hey guys, just starting up on this forum. I am currently in the North KC area and am going to be looking into getting a new sub/amp install for my car as soon as I sell my old set of subs. I thought I'd check here to get some opinions and also to ask if anyone knows where a good place to possibly sell used car audio equipment. I am trying to sell 2 12" Directed Audio subs with a ported box. I have them posted on Craig'sList, but don't really feel like putting them on ebay because of shipping charges and such. Any information would be much appreciated. The subs are in mint condition by the way.
welcome vivid!

we buy and sell used equipment!

Im sorry You Felt that way. I do remember you coming in and dont recall telling you JL Audio was Crap,and I dont know what shady stuff your reffering to but after all we are in the hood. Maybe thats why I came off brash to you, its not the same here as in JO. Usually I dont offend to many as im very passionate about car audio and most walk away learning something. Its all I have done for 20+ years and have worked hard to become the most award winning car audio store in the Midwest,Kansas & Missouri and that is a fact. I do make statements on audio that I can back up with proof see my signature below or 12volt.com those for details. We do good custom work at fair prices.
My store Isn't for everyone it may not be for you and then you may give it another chance either way your intitled to your own opinion but im still man enough to give you a public appoligie if I came off to you like that its was not my intention Im just very confident im my words and work.

thanks for hearing me out

Donnie

What do you remember about him coming into your store?

I can vouch for this place, they are awesome, they are very knowledgeable, and they can get you anything, just prices are kinda steep //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Indep. Audio is fu**n terrible. Best buy quality on installs with outlandish prices. Don't want to mention anyone's name coleman but you ****. I went all over the city looking for someone to feel comfortable with. Wow I was really mislead. My bad I quess, just want to keep anyone else from the missery. I had my own equipment just a basic two amp install. They gave me their price which was 175 higher than my next two choices. I pulled the trigger on them cause sales rep coleman allowed me to feel like I was paying for the best which is what I want. Install tech, sales rep and I want to look at my stuff and all the install tech did was bach my products. Flat out told me I must be stupid for buying 10 year old ppi amps and he had never heard of cdt audio and said they must be a fly by night product I picked up off of ebay. Long story short, they did not install my amps like I wanted now my seat doesn't close so that leaves me to reinstall them myself. Also I requested them to run 16ga wire into my doors where my 6.5 midbass drivers set. I paid extra for that! I get the truck home pulled my q-logic kicks out just to see how they made the connections cause they told me they solder which is what I recommended and found that they connected to existing stock wireing going to my doors. And they used basic connecters. Wow if I see that install tech in public his ass is mine. Anyway Santa Fe is prob. the one i should have used. Max is ok just really hi on hertz. Oh Indpend. didn't even finish reinstalling my lower center console found that when I was home also. Also found screw driver marks on my dash where they were trying to pry my dash apart were it actually doesn't come apart there. I can email pics if anyone finds this unbelieveable. Later
I find it hard to think that Max Speed and Sound is"Okay". I personally dealt with you on many occasions there. We even sold you a radio,(wich you had us put it in." While we are very pleased with what "Hetz" has brought to the table, it isn't the only thing we sell here. Hertz, Elettromedia, is a very fine company and I have actually had the privilage of representating this company. I have seen how there company works first hand! Based on my experience I feel Hertz is one of the better lines that we have to offer.

If for some reason you felt you visit at our shop did not meet your"standards" then please feel free to let me know what we can do to make your next visit a better visit.

I'm sorry, I had to chime in on this. I think MAx Speed and Sound *****. I went there a couple weeks ago and the owner was rude and was not very knowledgable. I went in to look at w6v2 and he told me I needed w1's, which **** IMO. I have two 12" w1s sitting on a shelf in my garage that I used for 2 weeks and couldnt stand anymore.
I told him what else I was looking at and he told me it was crap, and I wasnt looking at crap, I had been looking at rainbow and some arc audio amps. Anyways, we got into a pissing match of knowledge and I will never buy from there.

I will say that their installer I spoke with was a nice guy though. He wanted to show off a w7 to a guy in there and was nice about the whole thing.
I would like to aplogize for any inconvience you may have had at our shop. Rarely Chuck"the owner" has a tendcy of being a little harsh. While it is very rare for that to happen it does happen. I will say most manufactures that have done business with Chuck in the past will have to disagree with you on his product knowledge. Chuck has well over 20 years of retail experience, and has over 15 years owning his own store.

While I will say I am very impressed that you have some knowledge on other products out there that actually are awesome(Arc Audio, Rainbow). Both those companies have amazing product and technology that is in there product.

If you would like, I would be more than happy to speak with you at the store and hopefully re-establish a better line of communication with you, and show that Max Speed ad Sound is actually a very knowlegdeable and trusting location to go to. We never want any of our customers to have a bad experience when they come to our store. Which I hope was showcased when you spoke to our installer whom you said you had a better experience with.

I would like to aplogize for any inconvience you may have had at our shop. Rarely Chuck"the owner" has a tendcy of being a little harsh. While it is very rare for that to happen it does happen. I will say most manufactures that have done business with Chuck in the past will have to disagree with you on his product knowledge. Chuck has well over 20 years of retail experience, and has over 15 years owning his own store.
While I will say I am very impressed that you have some knowledge on other products out there that actually are awesome(Arc Audio, Rainbow). Both those companies have amazing product and technology that is in there product.

If you would like, I would be more than happy to speak with you at the store and hopefully re-establish a better line of communication with you, and show that Max Speed ad Sound is actually a very knowlegdeable and trusting location to go to. We never want any of our customers to have a bad experience when they come to our store. Which I hope was showcased when you spoke to our installer whom you said you had a better experience with.

Rarely Chuck"the owner" has a tendcy of being a little harsh. While it is very rare for that to happen it does happen.

Apparently most people mis-understood what I was trying to say. In the 10 years I have know Chuck and the year I have worked for him; I can honestly say I have never heard nor seen him act in any other way than professional with customers. Chuck puts forth all his efforts to make sure every experience you have at Max Speed and Sound is an enjoyable one. If for some reason you felt this was not the experience you had then I personally invite you to come back to our shop to clear any misunderstandings there may have been.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...