Match speakers for my Ol-School HCCA 225....Orion!

Participant count
  • Participant list

JB1z

Right now I have my Orion HCCA 225 (2nd Gen.) pushing 2 12'' Sony XS-L1200B. It's wired, having the Pos. from the L. channel to both Pos. and the Neg. from the right channel hooked up to both the Neg. of the speakers(bridged and dropped the OHM's to 2). I'm not completely sure if this is good on this amp which I researched on and don't want to damage this one. I came across a good deal for a Sony xplode 1000W amp and got it for the Sony 12''s. Ok, so here is the question. With the base handled...What would be an ideal match as far as running 4 speakers off of the HCCA? I'm looking for 2 x 4'' maybe even 5 1/4 or components for the front door, and also two 6.5 for the rear window sill. I know there are endless quite a matches, but a couple of great recommendations would be perfect. Thks!!! J

depends on the installation - what vehicle and where? the amps were 0.5 ohms stable in stereo mode without to many issues. the main concern with age is crossovers and thermal paste drying up. so hotter operating temps may shorten the life.

they luv ******* the power too (not very efficient) i'd suggest spending a decent amount on 1x pair of splits for the front and see if you need rear fill once they are fitted.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.