Massive Audio

We have installed several setups that were Massive Audio, including the new Toro and Kilo subs. In both cases we pulled out the subs and amps and replaced them with a few weeks. Even at the prices our guys can get them at, they were simply not worth it. Very over rated and do not perform to what you would expect. The amps could not produce rated power with out clipping and the mid/highs were ok I guess. I wouldn't suggest Massive to anyone though. At least not the current products.

We have installed several setups that were Massive Audio, including the new Toro and Kilo subs. In both cases we pulled out the subs and amps and replaced them with a few weeks. Even at the prices our guys can get them at, they were simply not worth it. Very over rated and do not perform to what you would expect. The amps could not produce rated power with out clipping and the mid/highs were ok I guess. I wouldn't suggest Massive to anyone though. At least not the current products.
Dammmn. That says it all there.

Thank you, exactly what I was looking for.

The DMX 15" that I bought in 2005 got me into the 150's club off of 4kw. The old CA amps were solid (I still run a ca-200 for my highs). Even the lower model subs back then were soild performers....then something happened to QA or they switched build houses, cause all ive heard is bad since then.

i had a massive audio qc15 sub and the cap on top of the coil former ripped off and was slapping on the cone, i thought it was broke and i had to cut it off and rip it out of the sub, the assembly looked pretty cheap

No question on the DMX's....I had their first prototype, didn't look like the new ones. Lol, don't remember whom I sold it off to but it was still wangn' after the abuse I put it thru. The dust cap was metal on my prototype, and would get hot as fuck when I did MECA Deathmatches.

The DMX 15" that I bought in 2005 got me into the 150's club off of 4kw. The old CA amps were solid (I still run a ca-200 for my highs). Even the lower model subs back then were soild performers....then something happened to QA or they switched build houses, cause all ive heard is bad since then.
Yea, I agree completely. I'm not sure what went wrong where but they went the Kicker/RF direction with plastic motor caps to make it look larger. The product they have now including amps, I would put on part with other companies like Audiopipe (not the new Korean amps though) or Planet Audio. Not totally junk, but getting there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.