$2000-$3000 Id like to spend. Need help deciding

ice4me

Ive haven't had a system in about 5 years. I don't know a whole lot about systems but I know enough I guess. Back then I was just wanting the hardest hittin subs. I had 2 kicker L7's in ported box with a planet audio amp. The quality of music wasnt good but it was super loud. You could hear me miles away. Well thats what I was told. It was in an accord.

I now have an escalade ext. I still want deep base with a good hit but I'm wanting something with a bit more quality too. It doesnt have to be JL audio quality but if you knew how the 2 L7's sounded with that planet audio .. you would know all there was to it was bass. I had a couple tweeters but my bass overshadowed it. I jus want some decent quality. I need a radio in my ext too. I want to spend about 2-3 grand on everything I'd need .. from wires, to box, etc. and any upgrades I would need. I have to pay for installation to but its no problem to fork out a couple hundred more for that.

Researching would take me many days and possibly weeks if I didnt post this haha. I want to go off something to research on so please give me some suggestions.

is this just for subs and amp or speakers also, you could out do l7's with 600 bucks lol,

are you willing to do electrical upgrades etc.

i could help you with everything , all new with warranty,including a box and maybe even having it installed as well .pm me with your wants and needs for your new system

What kind of goals do you have and what all do the funds need to cover? There are several of us who own shops that could help you out, or point you in the right direction to pick up stuff online for a good price.

Im willing to do electrical upgrade. I was thinking I'd probably need an alternator. 2-3 grand is all I want to spend on what ever is going to go into doing this system .. anything from a sticker to the subs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif The only extra I would pay is for the install.

I need everything. The only thing I have now is a stock escalade ext.

What kind of goals do you have and what all do the funds need to cover? There are several of us who own shops that could help you out, or point you in the right direction to pick up stuff online for a good price.
Yep Start with yours goals then go from there. You have a pretty good budget but at the same time there is no need to waste money. You could save a lil and also learn a lot by getting with some of the guys on the forum from your area buying some Pizza and Beer ETC... and doing your build. Well at least thats what happens here in MI a lot. Mylows10 is a good guy to buy from and is very helpful and will answer any question no matter how retarded you might think it is lol

XCON 15 Sound Solutions Audio 15" 1750W XCON Series Subwoofer - SSA STORE
amazing subs for the money and one of the best bangs for a buck

you are going to need a high output alternator, i would contact mechman

Welcome to Mechman!

Crescendo Audio BC3500D - 3875 watts x 1 Mono Block Bass Clef Series Amplifier - SSA STORE

would be a nice amp on 2 of the xcons
Thanks. So far this is the only suggestion //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif I will contact a vendor on here but first I want to see what others suggest.

I had the 2 12's L7 in my accord. So maybe 2 15's in my escalade or 3 or 4 12's? I'm not really sure. I definitely dont want to waste money.

You guys respond so fast on here.

To be honest....you could spend $1000 on the deadening, ccf, and mlv first. Then worry about what you are going to get for gear. Prep work and install is 90% of the sound.

Yep I need to get head unit to.
Its a 2002 ext
A lot of choices right there just with HU u want a double din Navi no Navi single din Ipod Bluetooth, you want a active unit?? But i will help with the brand issue dont but Kenwood lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

ice4me

ice4me
Charleston, SC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
mclerico83