massive audio nano amplifiers NX5 (NX4 + N2) Review

h
new member. guys i just bought a new massive audio n4 the amp is rated at 2000 watts rms but the power input is only a 4 guage is this possible? also this is a cea 2006 compliant amp i just called cea and was told they dont test every member that carries the logo does any body have any info?

thanks
That number is probably peak watts or max power which is a useless number. You want to look at the RMS output info. I think your definitely ok with 4 gauge and the whole CEA ratings are still a joke considering the process the follow to get that number. Using test tones isn't very effective to acquire a power rating considering the amps are used to play music! (Unless used in spl setup for burp tones)

This is strange these people are having problems. I had 2 N4s for my subs and a NX4 for my tweeters, and I never once had the amps go into protect. I would play them under the seat of my truck (almost no ventilation at all) for 30 minutes full tilt (55/62 on my 880PRS) on a 100 degree day here in Florida and while they would get hot (obviously, any amp would), they never once went into protect for any reason at all.

In my experience these are built like tanks. I abused them by playing the crap out of my stereo under the roughest conditions for longer than I should have and they didnt give me even the slightest peep.

Yep, yep!

Knew I was recalling at least one, and this was it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif

Had already been doing fruitless searches to try to find it again. Thanks for heading me back to it!

I have the nx5 and did not notice the sq issues.

I do not believe the output rating.

For $300, it is a good buy compared to other 3 / 5 channel options.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

AAAAAAA

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
AAAAAAA
Canada, QC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies